Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Privacy, Costs May Be Death of Real ID Act

Privacy, Costs May Be Death of Real ID Act

Thursday, January 8, 2009 8:24 AM
    By: Dave Eberhart

Long plagued by cost and privacy concerns, the intrusive Real ID effort to mandate secure national identification cards for Americans could be on its last legs.

With his nomination of Arizona Gov. Janet Napolitano to run the Department of Homeland Security, the agency tasked with implementing Real ID, President-elect Barack Obama may have signed the controversial program’s death warrant. As governor, Napolitano has been a vocal opponent of Real ID and she signed a bill barring her state from implementing the Act

Napolitano said she signed the bill into law because a lack of adequate federal funding makes Real ID “just another unfunded federal mandate,â€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Undocumented immigrants have no right to privacy
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by vmonkey56
    Undocumented immigrants have no right to privacy
    But you and I do. I have always been against Real ID on a number of levels, the least of which is I do not trust big brother at all. I don't carry a cell phone unless I think I might need it and I will not get a gps system either. As long as I am not breaking any laws, where I go, what I do, is nobodies business, least of all the governments. With every little bit of mandatory information we must give the government, a larger slice of our freedom is surrendered. E-verify does not bother me because where I work has already been surrendered to the government via the IRS.
    Proud American and wife of a wonderful LEGAL immigrant from Ireland.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing." -Edmund Burke (1729-1797) Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)