Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Pro-Amnesty Sen. Marco Rubio: Trump’s Immigration Bill Will Not Pass the Senate

by KATHERINE RODRIGUEZ
    7 Aug 2017
    2,014 comments

Sen. Marco Rubio (R-FL) predicts that a bill aimed at reducing illegal immigration endorsed by President Trump will not gain enough votes to pass the Senate.

“That bill’s not going to pass. … I think the White House knows that you don’t have 60 votes for that in the Senate,” Rubio told CBS Miami.

Sen. David Perdue (R-GA), Sen. Tom Cotton (R-AK), and Trump introduced the bill last week called the RAISE Act, which would overhaul our current legal immigration system into a “merit-based” points system, not unlike systems already in place in countries such as Canada and Australia.

The system prioritizes prospective legal immigrants with sought-after skills, education, or English language proficiency and would curb the number of green cards issued each year.

Despite Trump’s promise to reform immigration and polls that show public support for a merit-based immigration system, the measure needs 60 votes to pass the Senate without a filibuster.

Rubio, who led the fight for amnesty for DREAMers, or children of illegal aliens allowed to come to the U.S. under the DREAM Act, said he opposes the cap on the number of people who can come to the U.S. with a green card.

“Where I probably have a big difference of opinion with this bill is that it sets an arbitrary cap on the number of people that are able to come through with a green card. I don’t think that should be an arbitrary cap, that number should be driven by demand,” Rubio said.

Rubio was part of the “Gang of Eight,” a group of eight senators who pushed for legislation that would provide amnesty for illegal aliens in 2013 without a clear timeline of when immigration laws would start to be enforced.

Rubio said the 2013 proposal for legal immigration also had a merit-based points system but did not go as far as the RAISE Act.

“In 2013, the very controversial “Gang of Eight,” four Democrats and four Republicans, proposed moving legal immigration to a merit-based system,” Rubio said. “It wouldn’t be entirely merit-based, but it would be more merit-based and it has to be in the 21st century.”

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...t-pass-senate/
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

MW
    I'm also 100% sure it won't get the necessary votes. However, Rome wasn't built in a day. Perhaps in 2020 we can replace enough of the 'wrong' folks in the U.S. Senate to make it and a birthright citizenship bill a real possibility!
    Last edited by MW; 08-08-2017 at 02:10 PM.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Marco Rubio is a typical immigrant anchor baby, all about preserving his own way here as legitimate instead of promoting our laws and protecting our real citizens.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by MW View Post
    I'm also 100% sure it won't get the necessary votes. However, Rome wasn't built in a day. Perhaps in 2020 we can replace enough of the 'wrong' folks in the U.S. Senate to make it and a birthright citizenship bill a real possibility!
    ILLEGAL ALIENS HAVE "BROKEN" OUR IMMIGRATION SYSTEM

DO NOT REWARD THEM - DEPORT THEM ALL

Just wonder if these people in Washington ever stop and think the American people voted in a President,based on this idea, maybe they should consider it.

You know it always seems like they just vote the way they think (actually, they way they are told to think), but never how the people think.

So far there hasn't been a decent reason, as in for the good of this country and it's people, for letting one illegal stay, or bringing in one more legal immigrant.

If someone gives me a house, I work on it and fix it up as a nice home for my family - am I expected to just turn around and give it to someone else.

We do have some 'sweat/blood equity' in this country and that should give us a right to make those decisions.