Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Pro illegal alien march on DC fizzles!

Good News!

Immigrant Groups March From Mall To Capitol
    Hundreds Attend Demonstration, March

POSTED: 6:54 pm EDT May 17, 2006
    UPDATED: 7:24 pm EDT May 17, 2006

Email This Story | Print This Story

WASHINGTON -- Immigrant groups were out Wednesday trying to make sure their voices are heard.

Organizers were hoping to have 100,000 people show up at the demonstration at the National Mall Wednesday evening, but only a few hundred attended. (FAILED MARCH!)

Earlier Wednesday, at the Russell Senate Office Building, two activists tried to get face time with lawmakers for their staffs.

"It drives the point home that we are serious and sophisticated about our approach to bringing about good immigration reform in the sense that we're not simply interested in marching and marching and demonstrating but also doing the things that all Americans have to do to positively effect outcomes in the Congress of the United States," said Juan Jose Gutierrez of Latino Movement USA.

He said he's encouraged that the Senate is hammering out legislation that would give millions of undocumented immigrants a path to citizenship despite efforts to derail the bill.

On the steps of the House side of the U.S. Capitol, the March 25 Coalition from California assailed President George W. Bush's move to send National Guard troops to the Mexican border.

"The militarization of the border does not get to the social and economic conditions of why people are coming to the United States," said Alphonso Gonzalez. "It's a Band-Aid solution. It's bad for the United States, it's bad for immigrants, it's bad for all people in this country and it's bad for human rights."

Some immigrant groups said they believe the issue has become politicized, and they want lawmakers to drop it until after the midterm elections. Others believe the Republican controlled Congress will bend.

"They cannot alienate constituency as part of their political strategic plan," Gutierrez said. "They're going to have to come down and compromise or else they risk being out of power for a long time."

At 6:30 Wednesday, the demonstrators at the Mall turned the rally into a march down Constitution Avenue to the Capitol, where the debate on the issue continues.

http://www.nbc4.com/news/9234695/detail.html
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Yeah, I read about this on Protest Warrior.

Pretty amusing if you ask me.

Being deterred by a wet patch.

No Se Puede!!!

*glum-faced, rain-soaked mechista*

Reporting without fear or favor-American Rattlesnake

haha ya i went down there and didnt even bother getting out of my car to take pictures...too pathetic...I hope it means they're losing steam... btw from where i saw them mostly US flags (they got the memo this time). i guess they cancelled the march. my rain dance worked!
    <div>* It is only when the people become ignorant and corrupt, when they degenerate into a populace, that they are incapable of exercising their sovereignty.* -- John Adams
    </div>

Sorry guys........they were told to stand down. They made too much of a backlash and their handlers were worried about another one.

They don't want to wake up the sleeping giant!

I'm very disappointed. All we needed was some thousands together and the whole thing would be over in a flash. One more disgusting picture and a few more flags would probably have taken care of the House.

Darn......
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

i suppose i was hoping for some of their typical separatist politics and racist attitude ...why I brought my cameras. if cnn wont "freaking" cover it I will try. no one was really out there though. hard to say that i was really out there looking for trouble, as I was really expecting it and planning to use it against them.

i havent heard as much from la raza or the "racist" vitriol as much anymore. must have been well coached. I would really like to know how mecha and aztlan doesnt get more coverage... most people have no idea about the Reconquista. They think I am crazy. If they only knew... but why doesnt the media cover it. why didnt Dobbs ask Mayor Villagairossa about Mecha. I would like to know how much of this insurrectionism there is and how much if any is bogus. it should be used against them... they are terrible and dangerous especially mixed with Latin Kings or MS 13 for "bleep's" sake.
    <div>* It is only when the people become ignorant and corrupt, when they degenerate into a populace, that they are incapable of exercising their sovereignty.* -- John Adams
    </div>

Quote Originally Posted by Zach1776
    haha ya i went down there and didnt even bother getting out of my car to take pictures...too pathetic...I hope it means they're losing steam... btw from where i saw them mostly US flags (they got the memo this time). i guess they cancelled the march. my rain dance worked!
    LOL.

Yeah, it's the old shuck and jive, three card monte game these people have been playing ever since the anti-American, pro-Mexico, anti-Prop 187 protests-riots exploded in their collective face back in 1994.

I noticed the difference when I went to the pro-illegal, pro-amnesty rally in front of City Hall last month. All of the attendees had their tiny, dimestore American flags propped up for the cameras. You had to go back to the A train-which was cordoned off by the NYPD-to see the truth, which was hundreds of Honduran, El Salvadorean, and of course, Mexican, flags being sold by illegal street vendors.

I got a few good snaps on my cell phone, but they kept most of the kooks and Mechistas under wraps for that day.
    Reporting without fear or favor-American Rattlesnake

I'm sure they are up to something, if they are not able to get a good showing on that front. I'd say they are registering illegals hand over fist for the November elections.

I think this needs to be of GREAT CONCERN now and we need to start communicating it in a bigger way. Our registration process is WIDE OPEN to fraud - and we have our incompetent Lawmakers to thank, once again. Not that I believe for a moment that they left us WIDE OPEN by accident.

ILLEGALS WILL BE VOTING - THE PRO-BORDERS HAVE MOVED THEIR FRONT - AND WE ARE GOING TO BE PLAYING CATCH-UP IF WE DON'T GET INTO ACTION SOON ON THIS.
    http://www.soldiersangels.com Adopt a Soldier

"This is our culture - fight for it. This is our flag - pick it up. This is our country - take it back." - Congressman Tom Tancredo

I agree, DCSA. There was some agency ruling a couple of months' back, too, that if I recall correctly said that election officials couldn't inquire as to immigration status. This is a potentially HUGE problem! I think they realized that the marches were not swaying public opinion in their favor and that a big demonstration in DC while the Senate is trying to give away the keys to the store would be problemmatic. In any event, some of them will be voting--legally or not--hey what's one more meaningless American law to break, right? I'm not sure what's the best way to go about getting the American public more interested in this than who got voted off "American Idol" this week, but I would love to hear any suggestions out there from the boards.
    <div>"True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else."
    - Clarence Darrow</div>

I agree there will be many illegal aliens voting in this election in November as no one is checking the information on the registration cards. We have to get the word out for all american citizens to vote as they cannot outnumber us if we all vote. I am getting everyone I know to make sure they vote in this election as their vote can make a difference. They are all angered by this illegal invasion and want to vote these traitor politicians out of office.
    Freedom isn't free... Don't forget the men who died and gave that right to all of us....
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Isn't there a way to protest the outcome based on ineligible voters? I know they don't really check to see if voters are really alive unless there is a protest. Help me out here.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast