Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Prop 300 would empower Arizonans

http://www.eacourier.com/articles/2006/ ... nion01.txt

Prop 300 would empower Arizonans
    Friday, October 27, 2006

Editorial by Rick Schneider,Publisher

By voting for Proposition 300 Arizona voters will alert politicians that the will of the people must be enforced.

Most Arizonans feel illegal immigrants are not entitled to public benefits, which is why they voted for “Protect Arizona Now” in 2004. Unfortunately, our governor and attorney general apparently don’t care what Arizona voters think. They found ways to ensure that illegals continue to receive services paid for by taxpayers.

Proposition 300 will prohibit illegals from participating in adult education classes offered by the Arizona Department of Education; it will prevent illegals from receiving in-state or county tuition, grants or financial assistance; and it will prevent illegals from receiving child-care assistance.

There’s nothing cruel or discriminatory about this. It’s simply fair and honest.

Tuition rates in Arizona keep increasing every year, making it increasingly difficult for Arizona citizens to get a college education. Arizona residents are put on waiting lists to receive desperately needed child care. Our hospitals lose millions of dollars because they must provide emergency health service to illegals. Classroom funding is used to teach the children of illegals English, thus dragging down our entire education system.

Arizona residents are suffering because illegals are using tax-funded services.

A publicity pamphlet issued by Arizona Secretary of State Janice Brewer states why Proposition 300 is so important: “State programs in adult education and welfare are designed to help Arizonans who are struggling to develop their job skills or support their families.

“By offering these services to illegal aliens, it increases the burden on our state programs and robs our own citizens of services they’ve paid for with their taxes. Above all, free state services for all takes away the incentive for illegal aliens to become full citizens and legitimate members of American society. It is vital we spend our tax dollars on helping Arizonans and not aid and abet illegal aliens.”

It’s unfortunate that the children of illegals could be hurt by Proposition 300. It’s not their fault their parents chose to enter this country illegally. But this is a problem their parents can fix by choosing to gain citizenship legally.

The law is the law. We can’t pick and chose which laws we want to obey, and providing benefits to illegals is not fair to those who go through the long process of becoming American citizens.

Proposition 300 will send a strong message that America welcomes immigrants and is happy to provide public services to its needy citizens - but only if they’re in our country legally.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Oh my! Arizona voters can't do that - it might embarrass John McCain (in the eyes of the Trilateral Commission); heaven forbid - it might appear like he can't control his own people!

What part of "We don't owe our jobs to India" are you unable to understand, Senator?

I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

We need to get issues like this on the ballots in every state.
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

Quote Originally Posted by jp_48504
    We need to get issues like this on the ballots in every state.
    Everyone is aware of how CA passed prop 187 but a court reversed it. But if enough states start passing such laws just perhaps the judges will 'get it.'

Good luck Arizona!
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

All of these props passed in November, but have any gone into effect? I haven't heard anything or read anything about illegals losing scholarships, being denied access to adult education (I mean free access, the prop didn't prevent them from learning English in adult ed, it just isn't supposed to be paid for by taxes anymore), being denied bail for "serious" felonies ,or, most important to me, losing day care assistance (I tried to get my then 3 year old in Head Start, and to do this you must be getting day care assistance from the state, which I was, but I was told not to bother because "the waiting list is way too long, by the time her name comes up she will be in kindergarten" - that was December 2005, my child won't be going to kindergarten til August 2008, so my American child WAS denied education while illegals kids are in these classes? Those props passed, so I would love to find out how many illegals lost benefits since then. Have any? How could I find out? Oh, and when I voted nobody checked my ID or the ID of the 2 women in front of me, both with Mexican accents. I complained and was told the woman who was supposed to, according to the law, be checking ID (which could be a phone bill and electric bill ,like illegals can't get those?) FORGOT.

One thing we have to stop is the Pelosi nightmare DREAM Act. If this act is passed, Prop 300 will be meaningless.
    "Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting the same results is the definition of insanity. " Albert Einstein.

Quote Originally Posted by sippy
    One thing we have to stop is the Pelosi nightmare DREAM Act. If this act is passed, Prop 300 will be meaningless.
    YOU BET!!!
    We've got it, SIPPY.......don't fear, lol.

It willl be a FOCUS CAMPAIGN shortly.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndamendsis
    Quote Originally Posted by sippy
    YOU BET!!!
    We've got it, SIPPY.......don't fear, lol.

It willl be a FOCUS CAMPAIGN shortly.
    Sis,
    Thanks for the heads up. With this being a focus campaign at ALIPAC, we can say ADIOS to the dream act!!!
    "Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting the same results is the definition of insanity. " Albert Einstein.