Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Protesters help boost hotel occupancy in Phoenix

Protesters help boost hotel occupancy in Phoenix

Posted: 08/09/2010
    By: Associated Press

PHOENIX - The days leading up to Senate Bill 1070 were good for the hotel industry.

Arizona Hotel and Lodging Association spokeswoman Kristin Jarnagin says most downtown Phoenix hotels and a lot of other nearby hotels were filled with media, protesters and supporters.

Jarnagin says 2009 was the worst year on record with the hotel and convention industry losing 30,000 tourism jobs.

Jarnagin says boycotts cost the state at least $15 million and 40 conventions.

She fears those numbers will get worse given that conventions are booked years in advance and those groups may go elsewhere.

http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/region_ph ... in-phoenix
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Jarnagin says boycotts cost the state at least $15 million and 40 conventions.

She fears those numbers will get worse given that conventions are booked years in advance and those groups may go elsewhere.
    This will not be a problem as more states adopt an enforcement policy.
    I support enforcement and see its lack as bad for the 3rd World as well. Remittances are now mostly spent on consumption not production assets. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Jarnagin says boycotts cost the state at least $15 million and 40 conventions
    So she says!
    How much of the loss of revenue is ACTUALLY from JUST A BAD ECONOMY?
    For the past 2 years or so hotels were on the down side everywhere across America due to the ECONOMY! Especially like Los Vegas. I was getting all kinds of economy packages.

NOT BOYCOTTS.

This woman is putting blame where it should not be placed in my opinion
    "When you have knowledge,you have a responsibility to do better"_ Paula Johnson

"I did then what I knew to do. When I knew better,I did better"_ Maya Angelou

All the hotels I have been to have nothing but Hispanics working at them too. I know for sure many are ILLEGALS and they are actually RUDE in some of these places. Playing their Mexican music loud in the hall ways and break areas along with parking right at the main doors,which should BE FOR CUSTOMERS,NOT THE EMPLOYEES!
    "When you have knowledge,you have a responsibility to do better"_ Paula Johnson

"I did then what I knew to do. When I knew better,I did better"_ Maya Angelou