Put George W. Bush On The 3:10 To Yuma!

http://www.vdare.com/
By Joe Guzzardi

For most of the VDARE.COM contributors and readers, the problem of immigration consumes us. No matter where we may go or what we might be doing, reminders of mass immigration’s impact are everywhere.

In 2004, I wrote about a Christmas trip to New York where, at my favorite Italian restaurant Patsy’s, I was served by a Polish waitress. She was a nice kid but almost certainly in the U.S. illegally. According to her, she came to the U.S. on a tourist visa to join her husband. That was quicker, she explained, than applying for a legal K-3 visa.

To say that the incident ruined my evening would be too strong. But I couldn’t really shake it. And I couldn’t help but wonder: are there no Italians in New York who would like to rake in the mega tips from the expense account crowd at Patsy’s?

Sadly, I scratched Patsy’s from my list of restaurants that I will patronize on future trips.

Now a similar off-putting incident has occurred. A remake of 3:10 to Yuma was released last week, starring Russell Crowe and Christian Bale. The original, a wonderful yarn about a murdering outlaw taken to the train where he will be transported to trial, featuring the underrated stars Glenn Ford, Van Heflin and Felicia Farr is one of my favorites (although not quite good enough to make my top ten list of best westerns—read my list here.)

If I was free of immigration concerns—but who is these days?—I would have been first in line to buy a ticket.

Instead, I thought: “Yuma, Yuma…isn’t that the Arizona city where President George W. Bush went in April to deliver his pack of lies in support of what he loves to call ‘comprehensive immigration reform?’

And, my busy mind continued: [b]“Isn’t Yuma in the gerrymandered 7th congressional district represented by reconquista/ MEChista Raúl Grijalva?â€