Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Radio hosts gather in D.C. to blast illegal immigration

Radio hosts gather in D.C. to blast illegal immigration
    By Eunice Moscoso
    Cox News Service
    Article Last Updated: 04/25/2007 02:04:21 AM MDT

Washington - Thirty-seven conservative radio talk show hosts from across the country converged in the nation's capital this week to urge Congress to reject legislation that would offer a path to citizenship for illegal immigrants.

In an event dubbed "Hold Their Feet to the Fire," the radio personalities set up shop at a hotel near the Capitol and broadcast live to their home audiences, demanding more security along the U.S.-Mexico border and a bigger crackdown on employers who hire illegal immigrants.

Roger Hedgecock, a radio talk show host in San Diego who came up with the idea of the gathering, complained in a radio interview Tuesday that "our jails are filled with illegals" and that illegal immigrants have increased crime and drug activity and killed many Americans through drunken-driving accidents.

He said that today's immigrants do not want to assimilate into American culture and demand to be taught in their native tongues.

Immigrant advocates and Latino groups say the talk show hosts propagate anti-immigrant messages and do not have the evidence to support the charges they make.

"This has always been a very emotional issue. As the immigration debate heats up in Congress, it's also going to heat up around the country," said Michele Waslin, director of immigration policy research at the National Council of La Raza.

Waslin pointed to a recent poll released by USA Today and Gallup that showed that 78 percent of Americans agree that people now in the country illegally should be given a chance at citizenship.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Re: Radio hosts gather in D.C. to blast illegal immigration

Quote Originally Posted by Dixie
    Waslin pointed to a recent poll released by USA Today and Gallup that showed that 78 percent of Americans agree that people now in the country illegally should be given a chance at citizenship.

This can't be true!
    I want to know more about this poll.
    How many people were polled?
    What area of the country was asked this question?
    How were people gathered for this poll.

This is way too slanted. I just can not believe these stats.

JAK
    According to Numbers...this question was presented in a way to get the answer they wanted...

Roy Beck
    Hold Their Feet To The Fire Rally - Roy Beck
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=dEEUtFQF5Fc

THE MAJORITY OF AMERICANS WANT ILLEGALS TO GO HOME!
    Please help save America for our children and grandchildren... they are counting on us. THEY DESERVE the goodness of AMERICA not to be given to those who are stealing our children's future! ... and a congress who works for THEM!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I agree JAK. They are definately slanted polls and questions.

National Council of La Raza.
    Well, well, well. I wondered how long it would be before The Race put in their 2 cents worth.

Thanks JAK, that was the first time I saw that video, I really like Roy Beck he's great isn't he, I like his gumballs video to it really puts population explosion in perspective.!
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by SOSADFORUS
    Thanks JAK, that was the first time I saw that video, I really like Roy Beck he's great isn't he, I like his gumballs video to it really puts population explosion in perspective.!
    He told Kate and I all about how his 'gumball video" came about when we met with him the other night

He's quite a wonderful man. Soft spoken, interested and humble.
    It was very exciting to have the opportunity to speak with him and share our experiences on Capital Hill with him.
    He even took notes!