Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Radio station alerts listeners to Border Patrol agents

Radio station segment alerts listeners to Border Patrol agents
    12/26/2005 4:02 PM
    By: Associated Press
    http://www.news8austin.com/content/your ... rID=152582

SAN ANTONIO -- A segment warning undocumented immigrants about immigration agents could be delaying San Antonio's leading Spanish-language radio station from renewing its license.

In the recurring KROM-Radio segment, callers report sightings of immigration agents.

“Estreo Latino'' disc jockeys then alert listeners about the location of limones verdes, or “green limes.'' The words refer to the dark green Border Patrol uniforms and green-lined SUVs.

Since the segment started five years ago, there hasn't been public outcry. No complaints by the Border Patrol, which has an eight-agent office in San Antonio.

But retired Houston lawyer Joe Ray Blalack has asked the Federal Communications Commission to deny KROM a license renewal because of the segment. The FCC has received 38 citizen complaints against the station, all from outside Texas.

Since August, KROM 92.9 FM has been operating with an expired license. Station attorney Scott Flick said in a letter that KROM is concerned the Blalack letter is delaying the process.

An FCC spokeswoman said the station's renewal application is under review, and no timetable for a decision was available.

Alex Nogales with the National Hispanic Media Coalition said KROM's segment seems to bring more laughter than harm and the station should not lose its license.
    It's like hell vomited and the Bush administration appeared.

Alex Nogales with the National Hispanic Media Coalition said KROM's segment seems to bring more laughter than harm and the station should not lose its license.
    Once again, the invaders and their sympathizers show their complete contempt for the US and it's laws.

Hey, Bush. These are your people. You ought to be proud.

Since the segment started five years ago, there hasn't been public outcry. No complaints by the Border Patrol, which has an eight-agent office in San Antonio.
    OMG, this has been going on for five years! Ahhh...they are owned by Univision.

I wonder if The Texas Music Office (a govt agency??) knows the license is expired and the station is aiding and abetting illegal aliens? The station is promoted on state's web site.

http://www.governor.state.tx.us/divisio ... ntonio.htm

If anyone wants to let them know about this station:

music@governor.state.tx.us

And San Antonio also promotes it on their web site.

http://www.sawebs.com/sainfo.htm

Univision and the Republicans

http://www.publicintegrity.org/telecom/ ... 5#Contribs

Source: Federal Election Commission contribution records from January 1998 to September 2004

Total $1,807,000
    National Republican Party Committees $1,310,450

We need contact info for the FCC department responsible for pulling this license and the station.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Getting older, don't have the time nor money.......

But, if I did have the means (wish me luck with the Lottery ticket I bought) I would go to law school and become a lawyer.

My effectiveness in fighting the invader's supporters would be enhanced to a great extent.

To hit people where it really hurts, hit their pockets. Make 'em fork over money... and more money.

Flood the anti-Americans with lawsuits. Bombard them with lawsuits. Drown them with lawsuits!!!!!

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Oh, CountFloyd, I just noticed your avatar !! That is too much !!!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Wait until Bootsie and Judy see it !! :P Get ready for a ride on a roller coaster !!

Back to these people who are advising illegals where the Border Patrol are located. Wouldn't you say that's a SLIGHT interference with law enforcement

Perhaps a SLIGHT abuse of freedom of speech.

A SLIGHT indication of aiding and abetting terrorism

A SLIGHT need for some ATTENTION from SOMEBODY besides US ?

You're either with us or against us ? Where does this fall into the scheme of things, may we ask ? Vicente....may we have permission to ask this Or is this going against your will and your agenda for US :P

You know where you can go, Vicente. Yep, you've got it, Amigo. Down, down, down. A place where it's VERY WARM all year round. Don't forget to take your bathing suit. And your SUNSCREEN. :P Actually, leave the sun screen behind...it doesn't work very well where you're going!!

We need contact info for the FCC department responsible for pulling this license and the station
    Station:

KROM-FM 92.9
    Owner: Univision Radio
    1777 Northeast Loop 410, Suite 400; San Antonio, TX 78217-5209
    (210) 821-6548; (210) 470-5993; Fax (210) 804-7825

Earlier I tried to check out the FCC site to see if I could find the law that would cover this and the FCC site is more confusing than the USCIS site.

FCC Enforcement Bureau:

http://www.fcc.gov/eb/bchief/

445 12th Street, SW
    Room 7-C723
    Washington, DC 20554

202 418 7450
    Fax 202 418 2810

Not sure if this is the right office??

No complaints by the Border Patrol, which has an eight-agent office in San Antonio.
    This is the part that annoys me.

No complaints by the BP? Why the hell not?

Would the local police complain if a criminal being pursued by the cops was being advised by the local media chopper on how to avoid capture?

I think they would, and strongly.

There is a station here that lost its license just because they did not have sufficient local programming.

Univision should be punished by losing it's FCC license for KROM. If there is no decisive punitive action made against Univision there are too many other stations in their system which could start doing the same thing.
    I support enforcement and see its lack as bad for the 3rd World as well. Remittances are now mostly spent on consumption not production assets. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast