Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Rally Planned Against Raids Of Illegal Immigrants

Rally Planned Against Raids Of Illegal Immigrants

Sylvia Gomez
    Reporting

Save It E-mail It Print It
    (CBS) CHICAGO Protesters are gathering to rally against a new round of raids on undocumented immigrants.

Numerous raids have left Chicago families without their loved ones, and this morning the government is talking about its new policy.

As CBS 2's Sylvia Gomez reports, Wednesday’s raids were the largest enforcement action in U.S. history by the Department of Homeland Security.

It is the culmination of a year-long investigation and nearly 1,200 immigrants were rounded up.

Also, seven executives and hundreds of employees of the IFCO Systems, an international manufacturer of crates and pallets, were arrested. Immigration agents targeted the company and raided its locations in 26 states, including Illinois where at least 50 undocumented immigrants were busted.

In a news conference in Washington, U.S. Secretary of Homeland Security Michael Chertoff said it is part of a new, severe crackdown on employers who knowingly profit from an illegal workforce.

“Americans are rightly concerned about the need to enforce our immigration laws and our workforce in the U.S.,” Chertoff said. “And that means we have to focus on illegal migration and also on those who flagrantly violate the rule by encouraging that illegal migration, whether they do it my smuggling the migrants across the border or employing the migrants in a systematic fashion once they get into the U.S.”

But illegal immigrant advocates are calling this action and crackdown immoral and they are outraged. They are planning a protest outside the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) headquarters and another protest is planned this afternoon.

They are asking immigration officials to halt action until Congress comes up with its new laws because it might allow some immigrants to remain in the U.S.

However, ICE leaders say that they have tripled their enforcements over the last year. They say they are going to work harder along the borders to stop people coming from coming in and target those who make it across the border and think that they are home free.

http://cbs2chicago.com/topstories/local ... 22129.html
    http://www.alipac.us/
    You can not be loyal to two nations, without being unfaithful to one. Scubayons 02/07/06

Since the protestors will be right outside ICE headquarters, we'll see just how serious ICE is about enforcing our laws.
    REMEMBER IN NOVEMBER!

I am enraged....screw them. How dare they protest against laws being enforced!! I say GO ICE! For the first time, yesterday, I felt a little tiny bit of satisfaction. I hope I get to feel it a LOT MORE! They should check every single one of the protesters, but I doubt they will do it and I also think they are pushing the envelope. Sooner or later a riot is going to break out and then we will see what happens!

Quote Originally Posted by WavTek
    Since the protestors will be right outside ICE headquarters, we'll see just how serious ICE is about enforcing our laws.
    I was thinking the same thing. If ICE is really serious, it may not be too smart of the illegals to protest right in front of ICE's offices

Well, this would be a great moment to make those Phone calls to your Senators. And tell them. Look buster, see what is happening. There trying to hold America Hostage. Now get out from behind your High Priced Desk and do your Jobs.
    http://www.alipac.us/
    You can not be loyal to two nations, without being unfaithful to one. Scubayons 02/07/06

They are asking immigration officials to halt action until Congress comes up with its new laws because it might allow some immigrants to remain in the U.S.
    These ARE the 'new' laws...put on the books in '86...or earlier...hardly ever used...just like NEW...quit whining and go back where you came from.

MJ

How stupid do they think we are? A token jesture after years of letting emploers run a muck.I never thought I would see the day

How is it immoral to enforce the laws? I mean honestly. So, they think we should suspend all border/immigration enforcement pending action from Congress! It ain't a law until it's signed and reached its effective date people! Until then the law is what it is, and I say everyone should call their local ICE office to thank them for enforcing the law.

My concern is, however, that a good deal of these people, even if illegal will be just released pending their immigration hearing. Frankly, if they were using fraudulent docs, I think they ought to simultaneously be brought up on federal and/or state identity theft, fraud, etc. charges while we wait impatiently for their deportation hearings.
    <div>"True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else."
    - Clarence Darrow</div>

Immigration agents targeted the company and raided its locations in 26 states, including Illinois where at least 50 undocumented immigrants were busted.
    And they were all released hours later.

See http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-23457.html
    It's like hell vomited and the Bush administration appeared.