Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Readers react to Mexico's illegal immigrants story

Published: Sept. 28, 2010
    Updated: 8:07 a.m.

Readers react to Mexico's illegal immigrants story

BY CINDY CARCAMO
    THE ORANGE COUNTY REGISTER

CLICK HERE to read the initial Register story. http://www.ocregister.com/news/mexico-2 ... lpost.html

CLICK HERE to read the GlobalPost story.
    http://www.globalpost.com/dispatch/mexi ... mmigration

More than 100 readers reacted to a story about thousands of U.S. citizens who are living illegally in Mexico that ran Monday in OCRegister.com

"As in the United States, estimates of the number of illegal immigrants in Mexico are hard to come by. But the majority are ex-pats from the U.S., according to Mexico's federal bureau of immigration," Meghan Sullivan wrote in a story for the GlobalPost, an online news site that focuses on international news.

Oceanfront homes at the Los Gaviotas and Rosamar developments face the Pacific near Rosarito Beach, Mexico. New home developments, such as Rosamar, have sprung up along the coast hoping to attract American vacation home buyers.

As of 8 a.m. Tuesday, 143 readers had commented -- most negatively -- to the report and the story written about it.

Notfeelinit wrote: "Thousands of Americans is a far cry from millions upon millions of Hispanics up here. And there are not benefits courtesy of Mexican taxpayers to be given out to American illegals. Huge difference. I don't care who comes up here to live, as long as it doesn't cost me a dime."

Others felt differently.
    dan18ny wrote: "You guys are a bunch of hypocrites. You moan about respecting laws around here but then go around and say stuff like "but they aren't leeching off the Mexican government". So what? They are breaking the same laws that illegals here are breaking here. I guess we really don't care about waiting in line, as long as you have money we will welcome you with open arms...."

While many commented on the story, some of the same readers said they found the story to be irrelevant.

Fromleftfield wrote: "Uhhhhh. Totally don't care. Americans going to Mexico to bring money into the country, and bring the standard of living up. Mexicans moving to the US send money out of the country and bring the standard of living down. So how is this article even relevant?"
    At least one commentator suggested the U.S. citizens be deported, while other suggested Mexico handled their illegal immigration problem well.
    Heavysigh: "hmmmmm, maybe Mexico has something there . . . pay a fine and begin legal immigration processing unless you have commited a crime."

Others didn't believe the story at all.
    Citizensoldier wrote:

"Sorry but I find this story a bit hard to believe, especially the part about what the Mexican officials said: If Mexican officials discover someone is living in the country illegally they require that person pay a fine and then begin the process of becoming a legal immigrant and eventual citizenship, Mexican officials told the GlobalPost. I'm sorry but I just don't buy into this or really much what any Mexican official says. They are major hypoctites when it comes to illegal immigration. DON"T BELIEVE IT!". . .

Contact the writer: 714-796-7924 or ccarcamo@ocregister.com

http://www.ocregister.com/news/story-26 ... wrote.html
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar
    Sounds like it was a total propaganda story to me. This story may have been run to try to get people to shut and and feel guilty about a handful of "illegal immigrants" living in Mexico. Rest assured, if these American illegals have money to spend, the Mexican government is all for them staying. Here, it seems to be the same, except many in our government are using the Mexican illegals for potential votes, and power for themselves.

Either way these governments are not concerned about the citizens feelings on either side of the border.

My own opinion, if it is such an issue in Mexico, then these Americans who are there illegally need to be sent back, as well as the millions of of illegal aliens from Mexico need to be sent back too. I can also bet that the amount of illegal aliens in Mexico from America is nowhere near the millions we have here from their nation.
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)