Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Red Cross Helps Families Affected by Operation

Federal Agents Return To Marshalltown
    Red Cross Helps Families Affected By Operation

POSTED: 9:56 am CST December 15, 2006
    UPDATED: 10:03 am CST December 15, 2006

AMES, Iowa -- Immigration and Customs Enforcement agents were back in Marshalltown on Thursday looking for several more illegal immigrants that they missed during Tuesday's raid of a meatpacking plant.

On Tuesday, ICE agents arrested 90 illegal workers.

"They had a list of six suspects that they were looking for that were involved in this identity theft ring that they were investigating," said Marshalltown Police Chief Lon Walker.

Unlike the raid at the Swift & Co. plant, Walker said ICE agents tried tracking down the six people at their homes.

Walker said one woman was arrested with multiple IDs, of which one belonged to a woman in Dallas.

"The lady that was taken into custody today, they told me was responsible for about a $30,000 lost to this lady in Dallas, Texas, who had her identity stolen," Walker said.

As the investigation continues, community leaders and organizations are scrambling to help those children and families left behind.

"We are doing what the Red Cross does, which is maintain neutrality and to maintain a focus on the humanitarian aspect," said American Red Cross worker Mary Dooley.

Dooley said they have had several people in the community offer clothing, toys and childcare.

But she said that right now, it's too early to determine the exact needs of those left behind.

"Right now it's still in the early stages of information gathering and making sure everybody does have the information they need in a coordinated fashion," Dooley said.

The Red Cross and other organizations said they hope that by next week they'll have a better idea of some of the needs, so that the community can help.

There are strong opinions on both sides of this issue, but many of the folks NewsChannel 8 talked to Thursday were confident the issue won't divide the community, and the people in Marshalltown will pull together.

http://www.kcci.com/news/10545134/detai ... s&psp=news
    Deportacion? Si Se Puede!

Well there is where your donations to the Red Cross are going! (To Criminals)

Why is the Red Cross doing this? No more donations to the Red Cross!

Ostrich

No more blood nor money to red cross!
    Build the dam fence post haste!

Quote Originally Posted by TheOstrich
    Why is the Red Cross doing this? No more donations to the Red Cross!

Ostrich
    I agree Ostrich, this makes me furious!
    "Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting the same results is the definition of insanity. " Albert Einstein.

sick

"As the investigation continues, community leaders and organizations are scrambling to help those children and families left behind. "

Why don't they try to help the woman whose $30,000 was stolen by this ILLEGAL ALIEN BIT**?

This is sickening, they help the illegals, but the victims of the illegals get doubly screwed? THis is totally sickening.

What morons.

I stopped giving to the Red Cross after they stuck their noses in on the Gitmo thing. I don't care if terrorists have rights.

Quote Originally Posted by Neese
    I stopped giving to the Red Cross after they stuck their noses in on the Gitmo thing. I don't care if terrorists have rights.
    I stopped giving them donations after the Gitmo thing as well. Terrorists have rights? I'm sure if you ask the victims of 9/11, their families would disagree w/ that whole heartidly!

I'm sure if the situation was reversed, all of us infidels wouldn't have rights.
    "Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting the same results is the definition of insanity. " Albert Einstein.

The Red Cross will never get another dime from me. Now I hope the Salvation Army isn't going turn against the American citizens and buy Christmas presents for the illegals.

Ernest Giron, a vice president of Catholic Charities in Denver, about 60 miles south of Greeley, said his agency will work with United Way and other community groups help the families of the arrested workers.
    http://cbs4denver.com/topstories/local_ ... 03403.html
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast