Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Reform immigration policy

Reform immigration policy
    Newt Gingrich

The last of two excerpts of the book “Real Change: From the World That Fails to the World That Works.â€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I don't know about this. I heard Gingrich spout alot of this on the Ingraham show this morning. I question whether HE in fact "gets it."

This editorial is full of general and rather high-sounding vague statements, and it sounds like he may support a "touchback" or "make them learn English" pathway amnesty scheme as he mentions both Pence and Hutchison.

And need I remind Newt that some elites on the right (not just the left) also oppose border control. In fact, some would say Hutchison herself could fall into this category as she recently weakened the fence bill.

Memo to Newt: I want to see specifics about supporting attrition through enforcement of laws, building all 854 miles of double-layered fencing, and jailing or fining rogue employers who hire illegals, and NO talk of any "special pathway" or touchbacks for IAs.

Am I being too harsh?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

bttt

I bought into Gingrich and then found out that it was smooth talk to get the squabble stopped and so they can make everyone here a legal guest worker using a touchback program. This is to be done while increasing (no limit) on skilled workers. Oh, and to collect funds and sell books. No thanks.

Gingrich

Populist--
    I did not hear the show this AM. I have read most of Gingrich's papers, articles and books. I receive his newsletters. I have not read anywhere where he subscribes to a "touchback" system. He insists we should have a law for English as our national language.
    Read his eleven points and please let me know where you find this in his writings. If it is because of what you heard today on the radio, I would, seriously. like to find out about it.
    It seems many elected officials are slacking off on the immigration issue lately, or avoiding it , if possible.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Populist
    I don't know about this. I heard Gingrich spout alot of this on the Ingraham show this morning. I question whether HE in fact "gets it."

This editorial is full of general and rather high-sounding vague statements, and it sounds like he may support a "touchback" or "make them learn English" pathway amnesty scheme as he mentions both Pence and Hutchison.

And need I remind Newt that some elites on the right (not just the left) also oppose border control. In fact, some would say Hutchison herself could fall into this category as she recently weakened the fence bill.

Memo to Newt: I want to see specifics about supporting attrition through enforcement of laws, building all 854 miles of double-layered fencing, and jailing or fining rogue employers who hire illegals, and NO talk of any "special pathway" or touchbacks for IAs.

Am I being too harsh?
    Good questions to be asking Newt. He is a member of the CFR, so ......

http://www.geocities.com/CapitolHill/84 ... M#SENATORS
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Re: Gingrich

Quote Originally Posted by misterbill
    Populist--
    I did not hear the show this AM. I have read most of Gingrich's papers, articles and books. I receive his newsletters. I have not read anywhere where he subscribes to a "touchback" system. He insists we should have a law for English as our national language.
    Read his eleven points and please let me know where you find this in his writings. If it is because of what you heard today on the radio, I would, seriously. like to find out about it.
    It seems many elected officials are slacking off on the immigration issue lately, or avoiding it , if possible.
    Thanks
    Misterbill,
    I have not heard Newt specifically use the word "touchback" although I infer that he may support this as he praised Pence and Hutchison, both well-known "touchback" (what many including myself call amnesty) supporters.

As I noted, I'm also concerned that he doesn't mention (at least in this article) attrition as the way to deal with illegals, rather he seems to be stressing the 'learning English' component which is fine, but not acceptable if this is used a means to make it politically palatable for illegals to remain in the country as part of a "pathway to citizenship."

If you have further information on Newt regarding this (in his 11 pts or wherever), please let me see.

You have to dig, but go through his interviews on youtube. It's the same old Newt, he just added religion to the mix. When I first heard him touting his new group I was skeptical but had great hopes. I watched all the action group activity on "Solutions" and got really excited. Then he started doing more and more interviews, there were no more action groups just emails on book sales and interviews about book sales. The interviews on youtube include him saying the illegals have to go home and come back. He also insists we need a greatly expanded guest worker program to prevent another influx of illegal immigrants. If they can come legally and easily they won't come illegally. Makes sense, but great solution, no I don't think so.

Allowing illegal immigrants to remain in this country undermines respect for the law. Therefore to join a worker visa program workers must apply from their own country. They could not apply from the United States and must return home first. (69 to 27)
    This is a quote from his www.americansolutions.com Platform of the American People