Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I sure can't keep up with them all and who is who.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

State of the Union reaction:

Rep. Walter Jones, R-N.C.: "One issue that I believe deserved greater attention in this year's address is the need to secure our borders and implement meaningful immigration reform. It is impossible to safeguard America's national security without ensuring the security of our borders."
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Immigration

I am a self employed locksmith one year ago I met a girl and we fell in love we are now engaged expecting a child the only thing preventing us from continuing our lives are these immigration laws before immigrants had a privlage of marrying into citizenship but now the took that away I am an American born and raised in california I've paid your taxes since the age of 14 and wish there was a way to resolve my issues as an american I have all these rights and freedoms does not any of them say I cannot marry whom I choose? and if we do get married why should I as a citizen have to worry about losing my wife yes some of your immigration laws do make sense but there has to be loop holes because if there wasn't this wouldn't be America because Americans have choices right ? Another thing that bothers me is how Mexicans are considered Immigrants was this not thier land ? were they not here first maybe in other states laws should be stricter but in california Immigrants assist our ecomnomy too much.

Re: Immigration

Quote Originally Posted by Taxpayer4012
    I am a self employed locksmith one year ago I met a girl and we fell in love we are now engaged expecting a child the only thing preventing us from continuing our lives are these immigration laws before immigrants had a privlage of marrying into citizenship but now the took that away I am an American born and raised in california I've paid your taxes since the age of 14 and wish there was a way to resolve my issues as an american I have all these rights and freedoms does not any of them say I cannot marry whom I choose? and if we do get married why should I as a citizen have to worry about losing my wife yes some of your immigration laws do make sense but there has to be loop holes because if there wasn't this wouldn't be America because Americans have choices right ? Another thing that bothers me is how Mexicans are considered Immigrants was this not thier land ? were they not here first maybe in other states laws should be stricter but in california Immigrants assist our ecomnomy too much.
    Taxpayer,

I'll assume your wife is an illegal alien. So the first thing you need to realize is that she is already breaking the law. HR 4437 is not doing away with any existing laws. The intent was to strengthen and add to the existing laws.

As far as getting married goes, with the way the laws are changing you can probably marry your male first cousin in some states. However, you married an illegal alien. You made your choice and now have to deal with the posibility of her being arrested and deported. Find a good immigration lawyer and I hope you have plenty of money to spend on this.

A couple of other things, Mexico lost the war and illegal immigrants don't assist the economy as much as they hurt it.

Re: Immigration

Quote Originally Posted by Taxpayer4012

This guy is NOT an American citizen!

"yes some of your immigration laws do make sense but there has to be loop holes because if there wasn't this wouldn't be America because Americans have choices right ?"

Your laws? Americans have choices right?

This is written in the perspective of someone that is not a US Citizen. Otherwise they would say "our laws" and "we"

Nice try Charlie. You're busted.

W

Walter Jones is a good American. I usually felt he was on the correct side of issues while we were stationed in Eastern North Carolina. We need more like him!!
    <div>"True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else."
    - Clarence Darrow</div>

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12