Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Rep. King predicts Romney, Tancredo will do well in Iowa Str

Rep. King predicts Romney, Tancredo will do well in Iowa Straw Poll
    Chad Groening
    OneNewsNow.com
    July 23, 2007

Think of it as a good barometer of what might happen in the important upcoming January caucuses in the Hawkeye State. That's what Congressman Steve King (R-Iowa) is saying when he speaks about the Iowa Straw Poll.

King believes that no presidential hopeful can win next year's Iowa Caucuses without being competitive in the upcoming Iowa Straw Poll. The congressman has been hobnobbing with the various GOP presidential hopefuls who have been visiting his state, hoping to impress caucus members. The hopefuls will then gather in January for the traditional opening venue of the presidential election season.

He says on August 11, the nation will get a preview as caucus members gather in Ames for the Iowa Straw Poll. "I will say that Mitt Romney has built the best organization in the state. He's raised a lot of money and he's spent it well. He's worked very hard in Iowa -- and I think you will see the results of it at the straw poll," says King.

But King says there may be a real strong showing from one of the so-called "second-tier" candidates, Representative Tom Tancredo (R-Colorado).

"I just continually talk to a long line of people one after another," the Iowa lawmaker explailns. "I ran into Tom Tancredo supporters five or six to one over any of the other candidates. And that tells me that Tancredo is in a position where he might be [a] surprise in the straw poll on the eleventh of August," remarks King.

As indicated by King, if fellow Congressman Tom Tancredo does not do well, he would be surprised. He believes a strong showing in the straw poll could give Tancredo momentum that he could carry into January.

http://www.onenewsnow.com/2007/07/rep_k ... _tancr.php
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

"I will say that Mitt Romney has built the best organization in the state. He's raised a lot of money and he's spent it well. He's worked very hard in Iowa -- and I think you will see the results of it at the straw poll," says King.
    People in Iowa don't know about Mit "Flip-Flop" Romney?
    Never give up! Never surrender! Never compromise your values!*
    __________________________________________________ __

NO MORE ROTHSCHILD STOOGES IN PUBLIC OFFICE!!!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)