Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by topsecret10
    . . What the $%^&*&^%$#@! do we even grow and consume here anyway :?:
    Read all of the comments posted above

and

2010 wine grape harvest third largest in CA. state history

http://www.alipac.us/ftopicp-1183059.html
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I got my hopes up a tad at the very start of the article hoping the GOP came around to a real strategy of mass deportations rather then just a group with others loosely supporting.

Anyways maybe if they looked at it in the bigger context of what to do it wouldn't look so gloom and doom.

1. Secure the border fully.
    2. Crackdown on illegals and employers with massive measures and mass deportations.
    3. Cut the welfare state off entirely. Establish a new system that pushes people into the low income work force and from there they can better themselves. Don't work, don't eat.

Hell, I'd even support after cutting off the welfare state a new one where we set the min wage of agricultural jobs at maybe $5.50 an hour for citizens but citizen workers recieved a form of cost of living stipulation where they recieve a small amount per worker from the government. For instance agricultural job pays $5.50 an hour but feds pay $3 an hour. Feds possibly also share 25% cost in healthcare coverage also. Or something similiar.

Instead of paying people to do nothing lets save money and pay people to do something. I'd much rather have my tax dollars going to work to put someone to work then paying someone not to work.

Quote Originally Posted by ReformUSA2012
    . . .
    Hell, I'd even support after cutting off the welfare state a new one where we set the min wage of agricultural jobs at maybe $5.50 an hour for citizens but citizen workers recieved a form of cost of living stipulation where they recieve a small amount per worker from the government. For instance agricultural job pays $5.50 an hour but feds pay $3 an hour. Feds possibly also share 25% cost in healthcare coverage also. Or something similiar. . .
    AG jobs pay more than $5.50 and they can't get enough people to do the work.

Major Grower to Join Wage Plan - WSJ.com
    Oct 13, 2010 ... Pacific Tomato Growers said it would distribute to workers a ... in part because they are paid mostly based on the amount of fruit they pick. ... typically pay wages of between $10.50 and $14.86 per hour for harvesters. ...
    http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000142 ... 11426.html
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

We already pay for their higher wages through education of their kids, medical and incarceration costs. I think the cost of food would actually go down...

DJ
    Maybe then agriculture will start considering mechanical harvesters that would replace much illegal labor. They have been reluctant to do that. Better to use cheap labor--who bring wives and many children to fill up our schools and use up our shrinking social services!

Instead of paying people to do nothing lets save money and pay people to do something. I'd much rather have my tax dollars going to work to put someone to work then paying someone not to work.
    In December, 2009, the Congressional Black Caucus sent a letter to 'Bama, calling for a jobs creation and training program which would get the poorest Americans working in their own communities. The Caucus mentioned home and public building weatherization, public building solar instalation - basically jobs which could be done with just a little training. When 'Bama met with black leaders approximately two months later, no members of the Congressional Black Caucus were present. That's probably because the first paragraph of their letter explicitly calls for funds to be directed to "United States citizens."

As far as I know, to this day 'Bama has never referred to this job creation and training proposal by the Congressional Black Caucus.
    ************************************************** *********************************
    Americns first in this magnificent country

American jobs for American workers

Fair trade, not free trade

Quote Originally Posted by JohnDoe2
    When Barbara Jordan examined guest worker programs world wide, she found that the temporary workers are not sent back and that the jobs that they do become associated in the locals' minds with foreigners. I *think* that the reason Americans don't come forward is that ag labor has become so saturated with immgrants that Americans no longer see that kind of work as something that Americans do.

Perceptions can change, but IMO it'd take a sustained effort to accomplish that.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnDoe2
    . . .
    Hell, I'd even support after cutting off the welfare state a new one where we set the min wage of agricultural jobs at maybe $5.50 an hour for citizens but citizen workers recieved a form of cost of living stipulation where they recieve a small amount per worker from the government. For instance agricultural job pays $5.50 an hour but feds pay $3 an hour. Feds possibly also share 25% cost in healthcare coverage also. Or something similiar. . .

Major Grower to Join Wage Plan - WSJ.com
    Oct 13, 2010 ... Pacific Tomato Growers said it would distribute to workers a ... in part because they are paid mostly based on the amount of fruit they pick. ... typically pay wages of between $10.50 and $14.86 per hour for harvesters. ...
    http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000142 ... 11426.html
    Just an idea to change welfare from paying people to do nothing to subsidizing for lower food costs for our country which helps all Citizens as long as the agriculture companies hire American Citizens and prove as much include proving every single employee is a Citizen or legal visa (no subsideee for the visa's thou).

Just needa get rid of welfare though some way but few will support a full dump of the program. Guess I'm a radical for thinking if you don't work you shouldn't eat heh.

Most welfare recipients live in big cities.

Most agriculture jobs are way out in the boonies far from the cities.

People who make $5.50 per hour can't afford to travel to and from.

It isn't likely that anyone is going to do hard farm work for $5.50 per hour when other people are getting $10 to !4 to do the same work.
    NO AMNESTY

Well they wouldn't be getting paid $5.50 an hour, just instead of being paid for doing nothing the agriculture business's would be partly subsidized in wages as long as its American citizens where instead of welfare paying to do nothing welfare assists in paying someone to work.

Also yah they live in the cities.... so they can move like many employed Americans who work for a living have had to do many times. If you can't find a job in the city go work in the fields if you want to eat. So what if they can't commute back and forth, never saw a law saying someone had a right to a job wherever they wished and it was the taxpayers responsibility to create that job.

For centuries people have moved to where the jobs are. Only today we have destroyed that only as far as the welfare class goes simply because it pays better not to work. Put them to work and throw a bone to the agricultural business's using part of the same money that would otherwise go to paying welfare for people to do nothing.

Yal know what I mean, put people to work, possibly toss a bone to the whining agriculture business as long as they use American workers. Doesn't have to be $5.50 an hour or whatever with welfare covering an extra 25%, just numbers I tossed out and yes I'm retired so a bit behind on wages. But I do know a person can live on $18k a year in rural areas. Lotta students at least used to do that before their jobs were stolen by illegals while they worked to save and better themselves.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast