Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Republicans, Democrats to introduce border security bill

Republicans, Democrats to introduce border security bill

By Eunice Moscoso | Monday, November 5, 2007, 03:09 PM

A group of House Republicans and Democrats are planning to introduce a measure Tuesday that they said would “secure America’s bordersâ€

I think we better find out more about this bill. I don't like the states that are trying to pass this. There has to be more to this than meets the eye. Does anyone in these states know about these lawmakers and there history on illegal immigration?
    <div>''Life's tough......it's even tougher if you're stupid.''
    -- John Wayne</div>

Obviously something is hidden in this new law being presented....Maybe granting the 40 million that's in this country AMNESTY? How stupid do they think we are?
    What part of illegal don't you understand?

http://proprietornation.blogspot.com/20 ... sible.html

Monday, October 29, 2007
    The SAVE Act: Finally Some Sensible Legislation Vis a Vis Illegal Immigration
    Another hat tip goes to Numbers USA for bringing this to my attention. Heath Shuler, of North Carolina, has come up with a bill that may in fact be some sensible legislation to deal with the illegal immigration mess. The SAVE Act (Secure America with Verification and Enforcement) creates a system where employers can easily verify the status of all their employees. Here is how Numbers put it.

SAVE would eventually require every employee in America to go through the E-Verify system. This internet system provides employers with an inexpensive, quick, and accurate way to verify that employees are not illegal aliens. The rules for use are such that no employee or employer suffers if there is a mistake in the system because there is ample time to correct errors on the employee's side and on the government's side.

Here are the nuts and bolts of the loan again according to Numbers.

require during Year 1 that all government agencies, government contractors, plus all businesses with more than 250 employees run all NEW hires through E-Verify.

... require during Year 2 that all businesses with 100 or more employees use E-Verify for new hires.

... require during Year 3 that all businesses with more than 20 employees use E-Verify for new hires.

... during Year 4 add businesses with fewer than 20 employees so that all businesses use E-Verify for new hires.

... also during Year 4 require all businessese to run all their previous hires through E-Verify.

There is a huge potential pitfall that I see with this bill. As my favorite quote goes, "the nine most terrifying words in the English language are 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help''. This looks like the beginning of a massive new bureaucracy and for it to work the government would need to stay streamlined without being bloated. While this is certainly a concern, I also look forward to Shuler explaining the logistics of the system.

On the flipside, almost everyone agrees that without the temptation of jobs illegal immigration dries up. This deals with that temptation head on, and it isn't just some token measure. Shuler's plan at least appears deadly serious.

Currently, Shuler's own website has no information about this bill. That is problematic and besides Numbers USA there are very few resources touting this bill. That is also problematic. This bill has a lot of potential and I believe that with the proper debate it can be turned into one that deals with the problem of illegal immigration correctly without bloating government in an unnecessary way. Please contact your representative here and demand that the SAVE Act get a full and fair debate.
    -- John Wayne</div>

Does William know much about this bill?

http://www.libertypundit.com/2007/11/01 ... -save-act/

Early Thoughts on the SAVE Act
    Thursday, November 1, 2007
    The SAVE Act stands for Saving America through Verification and Enforcement. It’s an illegal immigration deterrent being proposed by North Carolina Freshman Congressman Heath Schuler (Democrat). So what is the skinny on this?

NumbersUSA loves the bill and Californians for Population Stabilization does too. Many Republicans are getting on board with it and, although skeptical at first, they say it seems clear of any hidden loopholes. What’s not clear, however, is the motive behind this. Some are saying that this reflects a growing schism in the Democrat party among the amnesty crowd and those that either personally oppose amnesty or live in a district that they won’t get re-elected if they don’t look like they are coming out against it.

Most all of the action on this (so far) has taken place in the Senate. America has come to equate Democrats and amnesty. They don’t see a distinction between Senate Democrats and Democrats overall. When Americans give “Congressâ€
    -- John Wayne</div>

Paige, et al. .. it's really quite new and I don't think the text is even published yet.

Anyhow, it looks as though - cross fingers, knock on wood - it could be a good first step in the proper direction.

...Just have to wait and see...
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Interesting. Only know of Rep. Brian Bilbray who is a strong advocate against illegal immigration, he knows who he works for.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

The part I don't like is that the enforcement and look-up is only for NEW hires....how about the ones who have been employed illegally for years? They get a few ride until year 4????????????
    The difference between an immigrant and an illegal alien is the equivalent of the difference between a burglar and a houseguest. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Why isn't Tancredo in on this?
    Calderon was absolutely right when he said...."Where there is a Mexican, there is Mexico".

Shuler, Bilbray join forces on border security measure
    By Jackie Kucinich
    November 06, 2007
    Two ardent proponents of border security are teaming up to introduce a bipartisan bill aimed at curtailing illegal immigration through employer sanctions.

Reps. Brian Bilbray (R-Calif.) and Heath Shuler (D-N.C.), who were both elected after strongly criticizing President Bush’s approach to immigration reform, are unveiling a bill Tuesday that has already attracted the support of dozens of members.

“It’s the one [immigration] bill that will pass this Congress,â€
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn