Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Republicans are Ditching Their Base

http://www.theconservativevoice.com/art ... ml?id=7482

Republicans are Ditching Their Base
    August 13, 2005 05:27 PM EST
    by Jeff Adams

Democrats and Republicans both have a 'political base' that make up their parties. Howard Dean has been spending all his time as the DNC Chairman playing to the Democratic base.

In fact, he's done it to such an extent he's ostracizing moderate Democrats. Democrats are often accused of taking for granted the black vote, as if they have nowhere else to go. But that isn't the case, as we've seen by a growing movement of blacks into the Republican column.

Republicans play to their base as well. The difference between Democrats and Republicans is that Democrats will talk like their base wants to hear, and then back it up once elected. Republicans just seem to talk in ways the base likes to hear, and offer no follow through once elected. And their rhetoric, for the sake of their base, is only put forth a few months before elections. In fact, Republicans have been accused of treating their base, American conservatives, much like Democrats treat blacks; as if conservatives have no where else to go.

Recently I've seen two instances that once again demonstrate the Republicans are not standing up for those that have put them in office; their conservative base. The first instance is the speech a few weeks ago by RNC Chairman Ken Mehlman at the NAACP national convention, where Mr. Mehlman apologized for the Republican 'Southern Strategy.' Basically, Mehlman dumped on the American majority that put GWB in the White House twice, not to mention Bush I, and Ronald Reagan. I don't understand this since the history of political racism is squarely in the Democratic Party, not the Republican Party. In effect, Ken Mehlman publicly stated in his speech what I've claimed for several years now: Republicans want the vote of the average American, then they want us to shut up and get in the back of the bus while the Republicans (thanks to all the RINOs/neo-cons in their ranks) sell us out to liberal Democrats.

The second example of the Republicans dumping on their base is even worse. The White House is in the process of organizing and laying the groundwork for passage of legislation addressing our immigration problems. Grassroots workers of the GOP (the Republican base) aren't going to be happy with the position of the Bush Administration or the GOP leadership. Yes, it's the old amnesty disguised as a 'guest-worker' plan rearing its ugly head again.

Bush is setting up a coalition to help fight for what he wants. The coalition is to be called Americans for Border and Economic Security. Sounds good, but it is to be made up of business groups and immigrant advocates (that's right, average Joe Republican Voter isn't invited to this coalition); these are two sectors in the political realm that are any thing but interested in American border security or the economic security of American citizens, as the name of the coalition implies. This is partly a big pitch to minority groups (I wonder if minorities that are citizens or legal residents realize all these illegals Bush and company are advocating pouring into our country will hurt them as much as every other American citizen who's not in a minority category?).

How ironic that in one act the Republicans denounce what they claim was racial politics (the 'Southern Strategy'), while in another act they advocate a new racial political strategy, pandering to Hispanics. Personally, I always viewed the 'Southern Strategy' as pandering to conservatives, not necessarily to a particular race (unless Republicans are claiming Southerners are a separate race or ethnicity?). The amnesty advocates within the GOP are clearly pandering to an ethnic/racial segment of society, but for economic reasons as well as political reasons.

One of the few true American heroes on Congress, Rep. Tom Tancredo (R-Colo.), is determined to continue to fight off this new assault on our sovereignty by the corporate and political elite. For his efforts to defend Americans, he is under constant attack by GOP elitists. Terry Holt, a spokesman for Bush's 2004 reelection campaign and one of the political insiders working to put together this pro-illegal immigration coalition, gives us some insight into the thinking of Bush and the GOP elites. Holt has been quoted saying, "The politics of the Republican Party isn't going to change by itself. It needs help. Immigration needs advocates. And if those advocates engage, they can have a profound impact on the issue."

So the GOP wants to be the advocate for illegal immigrants. Well then who will be an advocate for American citizens? Who will be an advocate for the voters (or is that a redundant question)? This unholy alliance between the White House, the Republican Party, Corporate America and illegal advocates wanting to undermine our culture and our laws is a travesty and should be rebelled against by the people. The coalition will attempt to isolate people like Tancredo who aren't afraid to put Americans first in our own land. People should not sit by and let this happen, for we will pay the ultimate price in the end.

Corporations with direct interests in unlimited immigration are being targeted for membership in this pro-illegal immigration coalition Bush is setting up. These companies need skilled high-tech workers, farm laborers, and even college teaching assistants (in effect, foreigners will teach your kids at American colleges). All positions Americans can fill, but not at the lower wages corporations want to pay to fatten their bottom line. Companies being targeted for membership include Microsoft, Wal-Mart, hospitals, restaurants, and academic institutions. Remember this when you go shopping. Do you want to give your money to companies working to undermine our sovereignty and your ability to make a living in your own country?

Big money will definitely be involved in this, as the White House and the globalist, anti-American GOP leadership push to shape the debate in terms that sound innocuous, while undermining our border security and economic strength for the average citizen. The reality is that Bush and the GOP leadership are on the wrong side of this issue, as far as the general public is concerned, and they are attempting to white wash the issue to hide the long-term damage they are doing to this country for the sake of short-term gains.

Currently there are two amnesty bills making the rounds in D.C. The first plan was crafted by Sens. Joyn Cornyn (R-Texas) and Jon Kyl (R-Ariz.). This plan proposes a guest-worker program that requires illegals to leave the country and then apply for the chance to work legally here (like they should have done in the first place). I've seen no information on how this will be enforced, especially getting illegals to leave. The second measure is sponsored by Sens. John McCain (R-Ariz.) and Ted Kennedy (D-Mass.). Just listing the two sponsors for this bill screams 'bad news.' Their proposal would have looser restrictions and allow illegals to apply for guest-worker status without leaving the country first (in other words, blatant amnesty). If a bill ever gets to a floor vote, it will most likely be a combination of these two, not one or the other. Bad news for voters/taxpayers/citizens.

Everything Bush and the Republican leadership are doing says they are ignoring and/or rejecting their base: the mainstream average American citizen/voter. Craig Regelbrugge, a lobbyist for the American Nursery & Landscape Assn., one of the groups being courted by the new coalition, has been quoted as making a statement that clearly expresses the true thinking of the Bush White House and the Republican bigwigs. Regelbrugge has said, "That's the difficult thing for the White House on this. They don't want to anger anyone. But the party's going to have to choose between the closed-minded restrictionists and the business base.... Who's really the base of the base? Farmers and businesspeople, or the others?"

Let's clarify this. Regelbrugge is asking, "Who's really the Republican base? The corporations that funnel all that money to the politicians and the party, or the American citizens who vote?" You know, those 'others' he mentioned in his quote. The direction we are headed, it's easy to see whom the Republicans view as their base. It ain't Joe Voter.

So what is Joe Voter to do? Where can he turn to get the government to follow the Constitution and protect and defend our borders, our sovereignty, and our economic well-being? My suggestion is the true Republican base (average voters) should contact their representatives in Congress and let them know you don't want them going along with any of these idiotic amnesty plans, no matter what they call them. Also, let them know you will find someone else to vote for if they don't listen. And follow through with that last statement if they don't listen to you.

I say that if the Republicans continue to crawl into bed with big business and illegal immigrant advocates, they should take a huge hit in the next election cycle. In the primaries, vote for a challenger to the Republican incumbent. If the incumbent wins the primary, vote Libertarian or Constitution Party in the general election. Wake up those idiots in D.C. I bet they'll come to their senses quick enough if they lose a few seats. I know folks say third parties don't win, but the Republican Party was a third party when it started. And don't let the fear of the Democrats being in charge scare you into voting for turncoat Republicans. We survived eight years of Bill Clinton; we can survive one election cycle of nominal Democratic control of Congress. In two years time, the Republicans should wake up and be staunch border security advocates. If not, they deserve to fade away like the Whigs and be replaced by another truly conservative party.

AMEN.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Big money will definitely be involved in this, as the White House and the globalist, anti-American GOP leadership push to shape the debate in terms that sound innocuous, while undermining our border security and economic strength for the average citizen. The reality is that Bush and the GOP leadership are on the wrong side of this issue, as far as the general public is concerned, and they are attempting to white wash the issue to hide the long-term damage they are doing to this country for the sake of short-term gains.
    I predict that they will get their hand caught in the cookie jar on this one.
    They will be in trouble if they ignore the general public--and the GOP leadership knows exactly where the public stands.
    http://www.alipac.us Enforce immigration laws!

Those are my thoughts concerning both the GOP and the next election. I don't really care what they do now...I'm finished with the GOP...betray me once, shame on you...betray me twice...shame on me.

I'll be busy contacting my reps altho none of them have bothered to listen to me so far.

RR
    The men who try to do something and fail are infinitely better than those who try to do nothing and succeed. " - Lloyd Jones

Bush is setting up a coalition to help fight for what he wants. The coalition is to be called Americans for Border and Economic Security. Sounds good, but it is to be made up of business groups and immigrant advocates . . . Currently there are two amnesty bills making the rounds in D.C. The first plan was crafted by Sens. Joyn Cornyn (R-Texas) and Jon Kyl (R-Ariz.).
    a coalition of "Americans" for Border and Economic Security made up of immigrant advocates sounds like an oxymoron to me . . . and also sounds unconstitutional. Congress is for the people and the states --- the President is to "execute" the laws that are written, not "initiate" and lobby for legislation for "non-citizens"

I. "immigrants" do not have the right to petition our government -- this is "adhering" to OUR enemies

II. Congress nor the President has the authority to propose, let alone pass, amnesty for ILLEGALS

III the Governors and Legislatures of the states can abruptly put a halt to this whole mess -- we are closer to the State Legislatures than Congress and the citizens can make their voices be heard much easier at the state level
    "Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it" George Santayana "Deo Vindice"

So what is Joe Voter to do? Where can he turn to get the government to follow the Constitution and protect and defend our borders, our sovereignty, and our economic well-being? My suggestion is the true Republican base (average voters) should contact their representatives in Congress and let them know you don't want them going along with any of these idiotic amnesty plans, no matter what they call them. Also, let them know you will find someone else to vote for if they don't listen. And follow through with that last statement if they don't listen to you.
    And let them know you will spread the word too. The website stoptheftaa has some good advice, which could be applied to other issues besides trade as well.
    http://www.stoptheftaa.org/action/
    Although the time is short, this battle is winnable if a few dozen citizens will get constructively involved in a majority (21 of congressional districts.
    I say that if the Republicans continue to crawl into bed with big business and illegal immigrant advocates, they should take a huge hit in the next election cycle. In the primaries, vote for a challenger to the Republican incumbent. If the incumbent wins the primary, vote Libertarian or Constitution Party in the general election. Wake up those idiots in D.C. I bet they'll come to their senses quick enough if they lose a few seats. I know folks say third parties don't win, but the Republican Party was a third party when it started. And don't let the fear of the Democrats being in charge scare you into voting for turncoat Republicans. We survived eight years of Bill Clinton; we can survive one election cycle of nominal Democratic control of Congress. In two years time, the Republicans should wake up and be staunch border security advocates. If not, they deserve to fade away like the Whigs and be replaced by another truly conservative party.
    Yea, I like the idea of voting for a candidate from a different party, even at the risk of the "other party" getting elected. In 2 years, you can once again vote for your favorite party, and this time they know they should listen to you.

There's nothing wrong with our government that a "good spanking" on election day won't fix. But for some reason, we keep re-electing the same people no matter what they do. In 2000, the House had a 98% re-election rate. In 2002, also 98%. And I think, it was 99% for 2004.
    "We have it in our power to begin the world over again." (Thomas Paine 1776 "Common Sense") "The cause of America is in great measure the cause of all mankind." ("Common Sense")

Lost Mummy,

That website www.GlobalismScorecard.org is interesting. I wish they had a links page so we could exchange links with them.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Oh yea, I could arrange that. What I want to do is create an action page, and ALIPAC.org will be first on the list. Then, I'd also put Numbers USA and StopTheFTAA. That should be enough to keep people busy.

Should be coming soon...
    "We have it in our power to begin the world over again." (Thomas Paine 1776 "Common Sense") "The cause of America is in great measure the cause of all mankind." ("Common Sense")

looks like Alabama has more globalists than Patriots
    "Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it" George Santayana "Deo Vindice"

Mamie,

Yes, you're right. There are just 2 patriots amidst 4 globalists in Alabama (according to my scoring system.) This is 4 out of 6 reps. In other words, 2/3 or 67% are globalists.

But this is right at the national average. I found out amazingly that exactly 67% of the U.S. House are globalists, leaving 33% as patriots.

My rep (Ray Lahood from IL) is a 4-bullet globalist, which is very irritating.

But on the other hand, this means that I can make a difference, by helping to pressure him to change his ways. Perhaps, I will work on the campaigns of the opposition candidates. So, in a strange way, I'm sort of glad that he's my rep. It gives me an opportunity to fight the globalism.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast