Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Well today I meet a few and I am in shock.... I saw one friend from my past that is holding community watch meetings in his neighborhood weekly. And he is a former Green Beret ?sp and I told him he should run for mayor... and he couldn't believe the information I gave him about I-9s since 1986.

I offered to be a speaker if he ever needed more input.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by vmonkey56
    Well today I meet a few and I am in shock.... I saw one friend from my past that is holding community watch meetings in his neighborhood weekly. And he is a former Green Beret ?sp and I told him he should run for mayor... and he couldn't believe the information I gave him about I-9s since 1986.

I offered to be a speaker if he ever needed more input.
    COMMENDABLE. Keep it up.
    I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies.
    ~Thomas Jefferson (1743 - 1826)

Have courage too, good mate.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I think our definition of work has radically changed. The passage of the GI Bill after World War 2 gave too many people the notion that mental work could produce material value. We only need enough paper pusher types to manage the manually operative people, and many managerial roles could also be technologically improved. Yet our educational establishment keeps telling young people that the way to material prosperity is ALWAYS through higher education---or at least they have convinced enough people of that to upset the balance between managerial/professional vocations and craft type vocations.

Is there really a place for all the college grads of Generation X? Obama and the Dems would like them to think so. And a lot of conservatives do too. So I believe there is pressure to find a niche, i.e. professional careers, for these young souls with their sheepskins. And the only way to do that is through constant business expansion---which inevitably requires that we get the manual workers from somewhere---like Mexico. And then we have constant urban expansion and population growth and all of its attendant problems. To give these young people the mental jobs they expect we end up importing poverty.

Those low skill manual jobs should either be replaced with machines or consolidated into other vocations that require more skill, produce more value and thus command the higher pay. Unfortunately with the vested social advocates running around in the US, we are getting it all backwards.

Peter Schiff refers to "the bloated service sector" and points out that the more people we have in service jobs the less we have in manufacturing and thus the greater need to import goods manufactured elsewhere.
    "Men of low degree are vanity, Men of high degree are a lie. " David

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12