Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Ret. US Consul General says immigrants pay no income tax

http://www.vdare.com/letters/tl_012507.htm -

Today’s Letter: A Reader Points Out That Many Immigrants Pay No Income Tax

As usual, Mr. Rubenstein´s article sheds light on the economic implications of mass immigration that few of us could hope to emulate.

I have had the opportunity to know several employers of large numbers of immigrants, both illegal and legal. (Those employing illegals of course claim that realistic-looking documents were presented.) The main thing that they all have in common is that almost without exception, immigrants of the lower economic strata pay NO income tax.

Since my acquaintances are law-abiding, they do the paperwork. They tell me that the most common ploy is to claim six dependents on the W-2 form, apparently the magic number that is accepted by the IRS without scrutiny. This number is routinely claimed both by single immigrants, and by those who may have children not in the U.S. and thus not usable as deductions. Usually this results in no tax withheld, and since they never file an income tax return, the chances of their being caught are infinitesimal.

To me, the glaring flaw in the studies cited by Mr. Rubenstein, including the famous Urban Institute study of a few years ago, is that they either go by self-reporting by immigrants (what are they supposed to say? No, I don't pay income tax?), or by estimating income and assuming that proper taxes are paid.

Mass immigration is indisputably a huge detriment to Americans, and not just economically.

If you should choose to print this letter, please use my full name and title. I don't believe in hiding behind aliases as so many on the other side do.

Donald D. Casteel is a retired U.S. Consul General of the United States
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    I'm sure all the data is there to substantiate this if ever the IRS would share this information. Every time I hear someone say that they pay taxes, what they're really saying is they filed an income tax return. But just because you file doesn't mean that you actually end up paying any tax!

Excellent post...
    Never look at another flag. Remember, that behind Government, there is your country, and that you belong to her as you do belong to your own mother. Stand by her as you would stand by your own mother