Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by Bowman
    Quote Originally Posted by azwreath
    I don't know about him being charged with a hate crime, but I'm wondering about the legality of asking to see someone's social security card unless you've got a valid reason to do so.
    Maybe the customers made up the part about him asking for their SSN.

That's what I thought at first too, but this seems to indicate the guy did ask:

[color=blue][i]Accounts given, although similar, by Genao and Richardson differ somewhat. Genao stating Richardson demanded and Richardson saying he “kinda askedâ€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

"Genao said,
    “I told Richardson I’m a U.S. citizen by choice, whereas he was just born here"

Now if you were born in the United States you are NOT as GOOD as someone who chose to be a Citizen from a Third World Country! I suppose that is what Bush and the other Elitist Politicians have been telling us all this time they have been pushing BLANKET AMNESTY! I get it now, the ELITISTS just want to upgrade from native born citizens to Third World citizens!!!!

Found this regarding the legality of being asked to provide your SS#:

Is it illegal for someone to ask for my SSN?

The short answer is that there are many restrictions on government agencies asking for your number, but few on individuals or companies. When someone from a government agency asks for your number, they are required to provide a Privacy Act Disclosure Notice, which is required to tell you what law allows them to ask, whether you have to provide your number, and what will happen if you don't provide the number.

Private companies aren't required to follow this law, and in general your recourse is to find another company to do business with if you don't like their policies

link: www.cspr.org/privacy/ssn/faq.html-50k

So, the claims by the pro-illegal crowd that it is illegal to be asked for your number isn't the case at all. That's probably why the ACLU went with trying to charge him for violating the RI law.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

[quote]One point missed by nearly all is that the “tensionsâ€
    "

Mark Potok, of the Southern Law Center’s Intelligence Project said,
    “the incident reflects the tide of anti-immigrant sentiment in this country, not solely restricted to illegal immigrants.â€

If our National Borders were Secured and our Immigration Laws were Enforced no one would be of suspect!

MW
    [quote]“by demanding that this customer present his Social Security card, the owner clearly ran afoul of that law,â€

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

New initiative aims to stop ‘hate speech’

01:00 AM EDT on Friday, March 21, 2008

By Karen Lee Ziner

Journal Staff Writer

The Providence Journal / Kris Craig
    PROVIDENCE — A new initiative borne of a recent incident between a Providence storeowner and two Spanish-speaking customers is asking all Rhode Islanders to help stop hate speech and violence directed at “immigrants and communities of color.â€
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12