Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Risch, LaRocco Race To Succeed Larry Craig Idaho

This primary election is important for our fight against illegal immigration. I highlighted in bold the candidates that we need for Idaho to continue our fight. All of the candidates we need to stay in the fight on the federal level won the primary, such as Risch and Sali. Even Ron Paul did very well here in Idaho.

Risch, LaRocco race to succeed Craig
    Jody Lawrence-Turner
    Staff writer
    May 28, 2008

Tuesday’s Idaho primary yielded no surprises, but the election did allow voters to start closing the book on disgraced U.S. Sen. Larry Craig.

The race to succeed the three-term Republican senator is between business consultant and former Congressman Larry LaRocco, a Democrat, and Lieutenant Gov. Jim Risch, a Republican.

Craig decided not to seek re-election last year after his airport restroom sex sting scandal in Minneapolis. He initially said he would resign, then changed his mind and said he would serve the rest of his term, insisting he still could be an effective senator despite pleading guilty to an allegation that he’d solicited gay sex.

ADVERTISEMENT

Craig was first elected to the Senate in 1991, so when he announced his retirement, a rush of candidates filed to fill the seat. Risch handily defeated seven GOP challengers, winning 66 percent of the vote, with 78 percent of precincts reporting Tuesday.

At a Republican Party rally Tuesday in Boise, Risch told supporters he’d work to make President Bush’s 2001 tax cuts permanent and help draft a new energy policy that sought to tap every source available to the United States.

“America desperately needs a comprehensive energy plan,â€
    RIP TinybobIdaho -- May God smile upon you in his domain forevermore.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Hopefully one is against illegal immigration and can't tap dance.

Risch has a very strong stance against illegal immigration and I have been blogging continuously in our newspapers to let people know this. And from what I understand LaRocco's votes were small compared to Risch's last night, so I don't see LaRocco winning in November. We need Risch in the U.S. Senate to help us fight illegal immigration. I'm happy with the results in our primary so far.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Here's a 2006 article that tells you a little more where Risch stands on illegal immigration.

Idaho to screen for illegal immigrants
    By Erica Curless
    Staff writer
    December 13, 2006

Gov. Jim Risch ordered state agencies Wednesday to stop hiring illegal aliens by using a federal Web site to verify that new employees are eligible to work in the U.S.

The outgoing Republican governor wants local governments and private businesses to also use the voluntary and free screening system as a way to crack down on undocumented immigrants who are taking jobs and benefits away from legal residents.

“Idahoans deserve to have their tax dollars spent on legal, United States citizens,â€

I wanted to add, that although Risch agrees with the S.A.V.E. Bill (an employer enforcement bill that passed and was signed into law last year in Idaho), this bill does not go far enough. It's a voluntary system and the ones who intend to keep on using illegal aliens will not sign on to it. The State Congress members I highlighted in the first article are working to strengthen these bills and enforce our immigration laws, so that's why I think they will be good for our state.