Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Rising Unemployment and Illegal Immigration

Rising Unemployment and Illegal Immigration
    -By Dan Scott

I have been pondering the unemployment issue for a while, especially the El Centro, CA figure of 23.3%… We all know an illegal worker is NOT allowed to draw unemployment benefits. But something here just doesn’t make sense. We keep on viewing the world with a double standard where we as law abiding citizens assume those who draw government benefits and those who give them are doing so according to the Law. I believe this to be a totally false assumption.

We keep finding out via the Sanctuary City movement, people and officials are breaking the law contrary to our assumptions.

It is illegal to cross the border, but millions do it anyway.
    It is illegal for a non citizen to work without a permit/green card, but millions do it anyway.
    It is illegal to fill out government forms under false pretenses but millions have done so on the I-9.
    It is illegal to use someone else’s social security number, but millions do so anyway to get a job.
    It is illegal to misrepresent your citizenship status in obtaining a driver’s license, yet we have governors prepared to literally look the other under the guise of bringing them out of the shadows.
    We still have police departments directed not to hand over illegal immigrants to ICE and NOT to ask regarding their immigration status in the first place.

Let’s be clear about the above activities, most of them are felonies with prison time in excess of one year:

Using false documents to be employed: A maximum penalty of 10 years without parole in federal prison and a fine up to $250,000.
    Making a false statement on an I-9: A maximum penalty of 5 years in federal prison without parole and a fine up to $250,000.
    Misusing a Social Security number: A maximum penalty of 5 years in federal prison without parole and a fine up to $250,000.
    Making a false claim of resident alien status: A maximum penalty of 5 years in federal prison without parole and a fine up to $250,000.
    Using false documents with intent to defraud the United States: A maximum penalty of 15 years in federal prison without parole and a fine up to $250,000.
    Possession of false United States documents: A maximum penalty of 15 years in federal prison without parole and a fine up to $250,000.
    Illegal border crossing is subject to up to one year in prison (misdemeanor) and a fine up to a $5,000.
    Aiding and Abetting a felon is also a crime.

It is claimed that illegal aliens are not allowed to draw government benefits like food stamps, TANF, HOC, etc., are we so sure they are not? Given the Sanctuary City movement directing local officials to look the other way by deliberately NOT asking the question citizenship status from where does such assurance come? Why in the world would we think the current run up in unemployment has not been significantly padded by illegal aliens drawing unemployment insurance? Has this all been the Sanctuary City supporters means to stealthily give government benefits where they are expressly disallowed? Why would local officials of El Centro, CA (a Sanctuary City) behave differently when doling out unemployment benefits? The rising unemployment could be explained rising oil prices slowing the economy (no recession) due to the incompetence of Democrats refusing to lift the drilling ban. However, is it a coincidence that the run up of unemployment has occurred roughly during the same time period many states and ICE are enforcing the labor laws and using the E-Verify system verify if a person is allowed to work?? Perverse thought isn’t it?

Here’s something to ponder: when the BLS reports its general stats by race, there is no “Hispanicâ€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

An immigrant goes into the State Unemployment Office to apply for a job. He uses his green card to fill out the I-9 form and he gets the job.

The I-9 form is a useless piece of paper! WHY!

The State Unemployment Office is collecting and filing in the cabinet the I-9s and does not have to federally verify the facts on the I-9. Just retains I-9 for proof that information was collected on the immigrant. This is one reason employers are not guilty of hiring illegals; the I-9s are never verified and the employers are not told not to hire. And the government is pushing hiring I-9s over American Workers, indirectly.

(But the I-9 for Agricultural Immigrants are Verified Federally; now we know immigrants don't work the fields very long.)

So are the immigrants passing one green card around and everyone fills the I-9s out using only one green card; it is only filed at the Unemployment Office in a cabinet drawer; remember.

The I-9 form was given to us in 1986 - The Last Amnesty - for the government to ACT like they were controlling the immigration into the country.

BOY HASN'T AMERICANS BEEN FOOLED!

(Collected information from asking my local Unemployment Office and getting input from fellow ALIPACers. Thank you all for your contribution to my gained knowledge.)
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

The argument the other side would use is that the illegal aliens pay taxes. In fact only a little bit over half pay income tax. but even legal Hispanic immgrants receive more here in public benefits than they are paying in taxes. The legal immigrants have followed our procedures and they have a right to be here. The rest of the cost of benefits is coming from our own families taxes instead of theirs. There are people who that does not bother them they instead see it as a way to meet other objectives which could be expanding welfare beneficiaries served by them or cheap labor.
    I support enforcement and see its lack as bad for the 3rd World as well. Remittances are now mostly spent on consumption not production assets. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)