Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Romney will push immigration reform, Giuliani says

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

TRUST? How does one earn my trust? For me it is not someone who talks of support for both sides of a controversial subject. That would indicate that that person does not know what his personal principles are, and would sell his principle to the highest bidder. The only way for one to be true is to know what one stands for and announce that and stand firm when participating in politics, even in life. The primary speeches and general elecion speeches of the republican candidate confirms that he has no priciples that he honors. If votes or money (profit) sways his principles one is not a man of honor!

Obama is the executrive presently in the position of honor and has dishonored that position by not respecting current law, thus he also is not a man of honor in my mind.

No candidate of honor means I have to, and will, vote for someone other than either of the two candidates offered by the parties. I will do so without apology to anyone, since neither party has presented an honest and law abiding candidate their honor and honesty becomes questionable, to say the very least.

Some of you will say I wasted my vote. Have I really? I am standing on my principles, and it is my conscience that I have to sleep with!! Remember, that you must sleep with yours, also!!

I don't like the mayor of NYC & I don't like this mitt at all they are all for the Illegal immigrants .
    & if you can not see this you all better get a better pair of Eyes glass '

No amnesty Or Dream Act

MW
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzm1 View Post
    what I posted is from Mitt Romney's own campaign website, if you click on the link .. so go argue with Mitt Romney
    What I'm saying is you misunderstood what you were reading. Let's look at it again: "Mitt Romney will develop an effective, mandatory employment verification system that will enable employers to be sure that those they hire are eligible to work."

What that means is he DOES support E-Verify or a like program to make sure only eligible (legal) workers are hired. He wants to make such a program mandatory nationally. So actually his position agrees with yours.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

get over yourself dumkoff... my reading comprehension is 100% ... it's Romney's statement that is the problem .. Romney's statement is taken at face value ... he doesn't mention E-Verify ... Romney says again:

"Mitt Romney will develop an effective, mandatory employment verification system that will enable employers to be sure that those they hire are eligible to work."

"will develop" infers that a system, in your case, E-Verify, doesn't yet exist.

Romney has the nickname "FLIP FLOP" Romney, for good reason

take it up with Romney

MW
    Oops ..... sorry.
    Last edited by MW; 07-28-2012 at 05:51 PM.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

MW
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzm1 View Post
    get over yourself dumkoff... my reading comprehension is 100% ... it's Romney's statement that is the problem .. Romney's statement is taken at face value ... he doesn't mention E-Verify ... Romney says again:

"Mitt Romney will develop an effective, mandatory employment verification system that will enable employers to be sure that those they hire are eligible to work."

"will develop" infers that a system, in your case, E-Verify, doesn't yet exist.

Romney has the nickname "FLIP FLOP" Romney, for good reason

take it up with Romney

We can do without the name calling. Exactly what do you think E-Verify is? It's an employment verification system that will enable employers to be sure that those they hire are eligible to work. End of discussion because we're going in circles and you're not understanding what I'm attempting to tell you. Romney supports making E-Verify mandatory nationally and he has said as much repeatedly. He's very clear on that position.

Buzz, do you trust Roy Beck of NumbersUSA?

Excerpt:

Romney’s Vocal E-Verify Stance Assisted Strong Arizona Win Tonight – New Poll Confirms Huge E-Verify Popularity

By Roy Beck, Updated Tuesday, February 28, 2012, 9:45 PM EDT - posted on NumbersUSA
    In Arizona where immigration was near the top of voter concerns, the candidate who “owned” the E-Verify issue was bound to benefit. After last week’s debate, Romney owned it; in today’s Arizona election, he benefitted.
    The reason Romney benefited was not stance but leadership.
    All three Non-Paul GOP candidates (Santorum, Gingrich & Romney) have been supporting national mandatory E-Verify through the campaign. But only Romney in last week's all-important debate made sure the voters knew his position by wrapping himself in that stance (see bottom of this blog).
    Not surprisingly, exit polling today found that Arizona voters most concerned about illegal immigration broke strongly for Romney, who they saw as "the mandatory E-Verify candidate." The poll results below should cause every candidate of every party for every office to consider being the "E-Verify candidate" in their race. While Romney had long been expected to win Arizona, polling showed his lead was narrowing until last week's debate performance with the powerful appeal for E-Verify.
    Many pundits claimed Romney’s robust advocacy of making Arizona’s mandatory E-Verify law a model for the nation was a blunder that somehow put him on the political fringe. Paul Begala just stated on CNN that Romney in last week's debate moved "so far to the right" on immigration that he will find it very difficult to move back enough to the center in the general election.

https://www.numbersusa.com/content/n...-win-tonight-n

Worthy of a second mention:

"Not surprisingly, exit polling today found that Arizona voters most concerned about illegal immigration broke strongly for Romney, who they saw as "the mandatory E-Verify candidate." The poll results below should cause every candidate of every party for every office to consider being the "E-Verify candidate" in their race. While Romney had long been expected to win Arizona, polling showed his lead was narrowing until last week's debate performance with the powerful appeal for E-Verify."
    Last edited by MW; 07-28-2012 at 05:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MW View Post
    We can do without the name calling. Exactly what do you think E-Verify is? It's an employment verification system that will enable employers to be sure that those they hire are eligible to work. End of discussion because we're going in circles and you're not understanding what I'm attempting to tell you. Romney supports making E-Verify mandatory nationally and he has said as much repeatedly. He's very clear on that position.
    Romney did not mention E-Verify in his position statement on immigration .. it's as simple as that ... you are trying your best to put words where they don't exist ... what Romney said was

"FLIP FLOP ROMNEY"

"will develop" infers that no system presently exists

Quote Originally Posted by MW View Post
    What are you talking about? Romney does support E-Verify. Actually he wants to make it mandatory nationally, currently it is not. As for enforcing it, he doesn't hold a position that would qualify him to do that.
    Just in case, you lost the link, Mitt Romney's campaign website:

Mitt Romney for President | Mitt Romney for President of the United States of America in 2012

MW
    Romney Doing the Job the Republican Establishment Won't Do

Apr 25, 2012

Sign-Up

The actual Republican Establishment –- political consultants, The Wall Street Journal, corporate America, former Bush advisers and television pundits -- are exhorting Mitt Romney to flip-flop on his very non-Establishment position on illegal immigration.
    Both as governor of Massachusetts and as a presidential candidate, Romney has supported a fence on the border, E-Verify to ensure that employees are legal and allowing state police to arrest illegal aliens. He is the rare Republican who recognizes that in-state tuition, driver's licenses and amnesty are magnets for more illegal immigration.
    These positions are totally at odds with Establishment Republicans who pander to the business lobby by supporting the cheap labor provided by illegal immigration, and then accuse Americans opposed to a slave labor class in America of racism. If this continues, America will become California and no Republican will ever be elected president again. Big business doesn't care and Establishment Republicans are too stupid to notice.
    If you're not sure how you feel about illegal immigration, ask yourself this: "Do I have a nanny, a maid, a pool boy, a chauffeur, a cook or a business requiring lots of cheap labor that the rest of America will have to subsidize with social services to make up for the wages I'm paying?" Press "1" to answer in English.
    If the answer is "no," illegal immigration is a bad deal for you. Cheap labor is cheap only for the employer.
    Today, 70 percent of illegal immigrant households collect government benefits -- as do 57 percent of all immigrant households -- compared to 39 percent of native households.
    Immigrant households with the highest rate of government assistance are from the Dominican Republic (82 percent), Mexico and Guatemala (tied at 75 percent), based on the latest available data from 2009. Immigrant households least likely to be on any welfare program are from the United Kingdom (7 percent).
    British immigrants aren't picking the tomatoes Karl Rove doesn't want his son to pick. (That's how he justified Bush's amnesty proposal.)
    You can either pay a little more for tomatoes picked by Americans or you can pay a lot more in welfare to the illegal immigrants who will pick them as well as to generations of their descendants.
    Yes, many illegal immigrants work hard, but it's not our responsibility if their employers don't pay them a living wage. This is known as an "externality," which we hear a lot about in the case of greedy businesses polluting the land, but not when it's greedy businesses making the rest of us support their underpaid employees.
    Romney is one of the few Republicans to recognize that there is no need to "round up" illegal aliens (in the lingo of amnesty supporters) to get them to go home. Illegal aliens will leave the same way they arrived. They decided to walk across the border to get jobs -- and welfare, apparently -- and they'll walk back across the border as soon as the jobs and welfare dry up.
    Obama has a similar plan, but instead of using E-Verify to stop illegal aliens from taking American jobs, he did it by destroying the entire job market. [I]Hmmmm, drug-war ravaged Ciudad Juarez, or Obama's America ... I'll take Juarez!

Romney's campaign website Mitt Romney for President | Mitt Romney for President of the United States of America in 2012

It's called leaving wiggle room

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast