Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Rubio Suppports Arizona Law, Attacks Obama on Immigration

Rubio Suppports Arizona Law, Attacks Obama on Immigration

nationaljournal.com
    By Coral Davenport
    Updated: June 24, 2012 | 10:10 a.m.

Florida GOP Sen. Marco Rubio on Sunday criticized President Obama’s immigration plan, the DREAM act, as “a short-term fix for a long-term problem” and said the president’s efforts on immigration have injected election-year politics into the issue.

“This issue is more valuable to them unresolved,” Rubio said, speaking on NBC’s Meet the Press.

He described the DREAM act, which would ease the way to legal status for young children of illegal immigrants, as too broad. “It could lead to these kids bringing in multiple relatives,” Rubio said. “We need to be compassionate but we need something that doesn't encourage more illegal immigration.”

The Supreme Court this week will issue a decision on whether to uphold Arizona’s controversial immigration law giving police new powers to demand that people show proof of U.S. citizenship. Rubio, who is often discussed as a possible vice presidential candidate, said he would support a decision upholding the law.

“When it was first introduced it made me very uncomfortable,” he said. But later, “I understood about what Arizona faces compared to Florida. I believe Arizona has a right to pass that bill. I understand why they did but it I don’t think it’s a national model.”

He declined to answer questions about his status as a vice presidential candidate, saying only that “I am confident that Mitt Romney is going to make a great decision for Vice President.”

Rubio Suppports Arizona Law, Attacks Obama on Immigration - Coral Davenport - NationalJournal.com
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Marco Rubio is an illegal alien amnesty supporting traitor against the people of the United States of America. The fact he tries to claim he supports Arizona's historic immigration law which would deter illegal immigration, while speaking out of the other side of his mouth to support a form of amnesty that will destroy Arizona's law and attempt to turn back the tide shows us all how two faced and destructive Marco Rubio is.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)