Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

This was discussed on Lou Dobb's show today. It was said Reid probably won't allow it to come up this year.

Maybe it's mainly show since the popularity of those senators (except for Sessions) plummeted after that shamnesty bill episode.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Comments are being left after this article at the source link

~~~

GOP senators right to try again

Tribune Opinion
    August 8, 2007

Last week, five gutsy Republican senators put together a measure that takes another stab at immigration reform. We say gutsy, because the minority party in Congress has a steep hill to climb in hopes of getting any of its legislation passed.

Sens. Jon Kyl, Lindsey Graham, John McCain, John Cornyn and Jeff Sessions should get credit for keeping the dialogue going.

Basically, their bill goes after immigrants trying to cross our borders illegally as well as toughening standards for businesses who knowingly hire undocumented workers.

Admittedly, this plan addresses very few of the pressing problems facing America's immigration problems, but at least it's something that moves us toward viable immigration reform.

Staunching our borders' openness always has been part of the strategy to resolve the immigration challenges our country faces. And many U.S. citizens have repeatedly told the government that businesses must be held accountable for their hiring practices.

We admire these GOP members for their efforts. The other 95 senators should consider it seriously.

Kyl himself doesn't believe this measure will pass as is, but believes it will keep the dialogue going. We agree and admire Kyl, who's been in the immigration-debate fray for several years, for his honesty.

A week ago, the Tribune asked in its Web poll question, "What issue should presidential hopefuls most focus on?" "Illegal immigration" received 51.8 percent of the votes, with the remaining votes spread out among 11 other choices. Although our poll is not scientific, it's clear that immigration continues to be of great concern to the voting public.

Congress is taking a monthlong summer break. Now is the time to let your U.S. senators know what you expect from them.

Clearly, what the GOP bill offers is part of an overall game plan for this country and our government needs to consider its merits seriously and discuss in earnest the solutions it offers.

DETAILS

«Co-sponsors: U.S. Sens. Jon Kyl, R-Ariz.; Jeff Sessions, R-Ala.; John McCain, R-Ariz.; Lindsey Graham. R-S.C., and John Cornyn, R-Texas.

«The following highlights of the proposed bill are excerpted from Sen. Jon Kyl's Web site.

* Requires hiring of 14,000 new Border Patrol agents to secure the borders.

* Mandates construction of 700 miles of fence, 300 miles of vehicle barriers, 105 ground-based radars.

* Contains a "catch and return" provision requiring the Department of Homeland Security to detain illegal border crossers.

* Requires implementing an entry/exit system at all U.S. ports of entry.

* Requires mandatory detention of criminal aliens until removal.

* Makes illegal presence in the U.S. a misdemeanor offense.

* Makes gang members inadmissible and deportable.

* Mandates an electronic employment verification system to end hiring of unlawful aliens.

Source: kyl.senate.gov/

http://www.greeleytrib.com/article/2007 ... /108080109
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I want to see border security, but that could be accomplished immediately with the NG - and by giving the BP the tools, and the freedom to do their jobs.

Border security alone, won't do the job, however. If they had done it 10 years ago, it would have. Now we have too many here already. They are given too much leeway. They are having too many babies.

We need to dry up the jobs and = now!!!!!!!!!

If we wait for some kind of birder security, we are toast - big time!!!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Here is the text of S1984 Mr. KYL (for himself, Mr. MCCAIN, Mr. CORNYN, Mr. GRAHAM, Mr. SESSIONS, Mr. MARTINEZ, and Mr. SPECTER) introduced the following bill; which was read twice and referred to the Committee on Finance

http://www.govtrack.us/congress/billtex ... =s110-1984
    <div align="center">" Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore "
    </div>

I just read this bill and I Do Not trust the wording At All.

If we are going to procede we must Stop illegals from having so many appeals.There is nothing in this bill that stops appeals.The appeals can go on for years and cost tax payers a lot of money.They should have ONE hearing and that is it !!

This is the part I really mis-trust.They want to hire more judges and CITIZENSHIP & immigration attorneys.Smells a little bit of amnesty and then they would be ready with judges & attorneys to handle the load for citizenship applications.

This is just a rehash and maybe dangerous bill when we alread have strict laws they do not want to enforce.

A get tough approach is needed and I have yet to see such a bill and until I do I will be leary of these bills.
    "A Government big enough to give you everything you want,is strong enough to take everything you have"* Thomas Jefferson

The minute I saw the names Martinez and Specter I smelled legalization.
    <div align="center">" Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore "
    </div>

Quote Originally Posted by Equalizer
    The minute I saw the names Martinez and Specter I smelled legalization.
    RIGHT ON !!!
    "A Government big enough to give you everything you want,is strong enough to take everything you have"* Thomas Jefferson

Did I say 'birder' security - well maybe that too.

They are going to get their amnesty - one little cut at a time.

Also, the President's 'new and improved' seems to have enough loopholes in it to allow the entire world to come here and stay.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12