Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

San Diego: Border Patrol: Smugglers Planting Booby Traps

Border Patrol: Smugglers Planting Booby Traps

POSTED: 6:59 pm PST February 12, 2008
    UPDATED: 7:28 pm PST February 12, 2008

SAN DIEGO -- Smugglers of drugs and illegal immigrants are using booby traps to try and harm Border Patrol agents, according to U.S. Customs and Border Protection officials.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Authorities released photos Tuesday of what agents said they found east of the San Ysidro Port of Entry: a thick metal wire tied onto the secondary border fence. The wire stretched across the border road and led into Mexico through a hole in the primary border fence, officials said.

When pulled tight, the wire rises about 4 feet high, or at neck level for an agent patrolling the border on All Terrain Vehicles, according to officials.

According to the agents, their crackdown against smugglers and drug traffickers has led to more violence along the border. Officials said a total of 176 assaults have been reported against agents in San Diego this fiscal year.

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/15286924/detail.html
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

And Mexico is complaining about tear gas drifting across the border?

I guess the BP is going to have to start carrying silly string to find these wires?

What is it going to take for our government to finally take extreme measures....a full scale uprising in our streets by illegals or what?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I would like to mail those photos to my Senator; he's totally soft on immigration. I think if people in his townhalls could see these they would be outraged at his inaction. In fact these photos would provide good argument to any lawmaker who doubts that we need stricter enforcement. This is probably even against international treaties...
    "Men of low degree are vanity, Men of high degree are a lie. " David
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

[quote="Captainron"]I would like to mail those photos to my Senator; he's totally soft on immigration. I think if people in his townhalls could see these they would be outraged at his inaction. In fact these photos would provide good argument to any lawmaker who doubts that we need stricter enforcement. This is probably even against international treaties...[/quote]

You may be right!

The problem is that the Mexican government will use it's usual disclaimer....that this kind of thing is being perpetrated by people without the consent or knowledge of that government and they therefore cannot be held responsible.

You know how it is....they are never to blame for anything. Even their illegal aliens being here by the millions is all our fault, not theirs.

If the Democrats can charge that the Bush administration has been derelict in providing better gear for US soldiers--how can they then cut funding for US Border Patrol personnel and not take action against the threats they are experiencing down there?

Also, does anyone know how I can download those photos onto my computer so that I can email them? Haven't found any other downloadable images like that. Those are worth ten thousand words.
    "Men of low degree are vanity, Men of high degree are a lie. " David

Captainron,

Just under the images, there is a button called share. Click it and mail them to yourself. Looks like you can send a slide or entire slide show. Try that first.

Dixie

Quote Originally Posted by Captainron
    If the Democrats can charge that the Bush administration has been derelict in providing better gear for US soldiers--how can they then cut funding for US Border Patrol personnel and not take action against the threats they are experiencing down there?

Also, does anyone know how I can download those photos onto my computer so that I can email them? Haven't found any other downloadable images like that. Those are worth ten thousand words.

See other posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dixie
    Captainron,

Just under the images, there is a button called share. Click it and mail them to yourself. Looks like you can send a slide or entire slide show. Try that first.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dixie

Dixie

LOL....thanks Dixie!! My son just told me to try that too....he said it's alot easier to do that and just put them in a folder in email than to try and mess with the other stuff.

Out of the mouths of Tech Tots

This is an act of evil--intended to murder.

Mexico needs to patrol its side of the border and remove the slums (hiding places) situated next to the border fence.

Bush's intention to give the $1.4 billion Merida Initiative to Mexico to secure their southern border must be stopped. This is the package that Calderon demanded Congress not attach any conditions to. The money needs to go toward our border fence, protection of border agents, citizens and U.S. soil.

"All that is required for evil to triumph is for a few good men to do nothing."
    Edmund Burke
    "Distrust and caution are the parents of security."
    Benjamin Franklin

There is a bounty out on the agents and they know it, I just hope their carefull.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast