Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

San Diego Co: # of Illegal Immigrants on the Rise

This is obvious to those of us living here but still that the msm is talking about it helps. Video also at the link.

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/10160193/detail.html

Number Of Illegal Immigrants In County On Rise
    Increase Of 10K Undocumented Workers In 50th District In 5 Years

POSTED: 5:11 pm PDT October 25, 2006
    UPDATED: 5:47 pm PDT October 25, 2006
    SAN DIEGO -- The number of illegal immigrants in San Diego County is growing, according to a new study.

The study breaks down the immigrant population in the county into congressional districts.

A migrant camp in Rep. Brian Bilbray (R) 50th District was recently raided. Bilbray said he can see the increase in undocumented workers on a daily basis.

"You can drive down almost every corner, almost every Home Depot, and you can see people that are illegally in the country, flaunting the fact that the federal government is not cracking down on people illegally here," Bilbray told NBC 7/39.

There has been an estimated increase of 10,000 undocumented workers in the 50th District during the past five years.

Bilbray said that undocumented workers cost the government millions of dollars for health care, education and law enforcement.

For their part, supporters of immigrant rights said that those workers fill unwanted jobs and pay taxes. Immigration lawyer Lilia Velasquez told NBC 7/39 that the federal government is actually making money on undocumented workers.

"What they don't see is that, in fact, it is those workers that are paying taxes -- be it property taxes, sales taxes, income taxes -- but they are not getting the money back from the federal government," said

While both sides differ on a solution, they agree that something needs to change as soon as possible.

The study was conducted by a nonprofit group in Washington, D.C. According to the study, more than 272,000 illegal immigrants live in San Diego, Riverside and Imperial counties.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

"What they don't see is that, in fact, it is those workers that are paying taxes -- be it property taxes, sales taxes, income taxes -- but they are not getting the money back from the federal government," said
    There's just is no way that I am convinced that they are paying taxes. My husband and I pay more than our share of taxes and we get nothing back. Why do they think they should be getting something back. I am tired of paying all these taxes to give them food stamps, welfare, free medical, etc. How many American middle class are paying at least 1/3 of their income so others can mooch off the government. I think the taxes they speak of are sales tax. How about paying federal, state, county, etc. You don't even have to drive a new car in this state to get hit up for $300-$400 in taxes to get a license plate, property tax, tax on your dog, tax on your phone bill, it is crazy. The rest of us have taxes on top of taxes to pay for all this welfare.

I just can't see how anyone can claim that they contribute more than they take. The math just doesn't add up. They are mostly uneducated and work for low wages. What does it cost to educate even one of their children?

If they get amnesty it will only get worse as right now a lot of them come here alone and send money back to their families. With amnesty they will be able to bring all their family members here, but they will not be able to sustain them on their wages and will need the subsidized housing, food stamps, medical care, etc. We will need to expand the welfare state in order to care for all of their large families. No, they can't possibly be contributing more than they cost.

If they grant immigration reform, these illegals will be able to claim earned income taxed credit and get $2000 back. My dad is a retired IRS agent and he just told me it will go up to $4000 next year.

The back taxes they pay will go right back into their pockets and guess what? I bet 8 out of 10 will send money out of the country.

This is insane!!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)