Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

San Fran moves to Change illegal alien policy

Published: Oct. 6, 2009 at 8:12 AM

SAN FRANCISCO, Oct. 6 (UPI) -- San Francisco officials are moving closer to amending the California city's controversial "sanctuary city" policy for illegal immigrants, observers say.

The public safety committee of the San Francisco Board of Supervisors voted Monday to change a policy instituted by Mayor Gavin Newsom last year in which federal immigration officials are notified when an illegal alien is arrested on suspicion of committing a felony. The Board of Supervisors, however, is moving to change the policy so that immigration officials are notified only when an alien is convicted of such a crime, The San Francisco Chronicle reported.

The measure will now go before the full board.

Backers say the current policy violates due process because, among other reasons, children who had no say in crossing the border can face deportation without even being convicted of a crime, the newspaper said.

But Newsom insists the amendment would violate federal law and contends the current policy is a workable compromise that preserves the sanctuary city ideals.

"Our sanctuary city policy is designed to protect our residents, regardless of immigration status, but it is not a shield for criminal behavior, and the mayor won't let it be used that way," Newsom spokesman Nathan Ballard told the Chronicle.
    © 2009 United Press International, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

http://www.upi.com/Top_News/2009/10/06/ ... 254831144/

ELE

Ilelgals are ALL criminals.

Our sanctuary city policy is designed to protect our residents, regardless of immigration status, therein lies the problem.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

"not a shield for criminal behaviors" Well damn, I thought all along being in this country ILLEGALLY was CRIMINAL. Guess I will have to rethink all that I have grown to know over the years about what it is you have to do to break the laws. But maybe those policies only exist for the American citizens.
    "When you have knowledge,you have a responsibility to do better"_ Paula Johnson

"I did then what I knew to do. When I knew better,I did better"_ Maya Angelou

Illegal immigration is a crime! And for a city to support a sanctuary policy of any sort for the criminals in their midst, they have proven themselves as guilty as the illegals--just like the employers of illegals attracting the swarms who know they will be protected from prosecution and deportation.
    Every one of these sanctuary cities should have their federal funding suspended until they have corrected the error of their ways!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

"Our sanctuary city policy is designed to protect our residents, regardless of immigration status, but it is not a shield for criminal behavior, and the mayor won't let it be used that way," Newsom spokesman Nathan Ballard told the Chronicle.
    Tell that to the Bologna widow, and family!!
    Work Harder Millions on Welfare Depend on You!

Why are they so worried about illegals kids who came with being deported? When citizens or legal residents are arrested and have kids they still have to go to jail. There are times when both parents are arrested and DCF or another relative has to deal with the kids.
    As for sancuary cities we have that here and was shocked a Miami Dade officer actually requested the phone number for ICE from the dispatcher. Usually what happens is that once the person is arrested and taken to jail that is when ICE gets involved. If they are an illegal alien then they have an immigration hold put on them. If they get convicted they serve time and then get deported.