Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Sanchez: Arizona immigration bill means profiling

Sanchez: Arizona immigration bill means profiling

April 21st, 2010, 10:52 am
    by Dena Bunis, Washington Bureau Chief

Rep. Loretta Sanchez said on MSNBC Wednesday that law the Arizona legislature has passed that would give police the power to stop people on the street and ask them to prove they are in the United States legally “does have the probability for racial profiling.’’

Immigration advocates and congressional lawmakers –particularly Hispanic members – have been up in arms over this bill that now sits on Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer’s desk. It’s believed to be the toughest immigration enforcement measure ever passed by a state legislature.

Arizona’s Republican governor – who replaced Janet Napolitano, now homeland security secretary -has not publicly stated her position on the bill. She has until Saturday to make up her mind.

“Certainly we as Americans have always been against an ID card’’ said Sanchez, D-Santa Ana. “All of a sudden you have a class of people who have to carry paperwork around.’’

Sanchez, a Latina born in Orange County, said she doesn’t carry her birth certificate around. Given her ethnicity she could well be stopped under a law like this.

“Does that mean they’ll deport me?â€
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Rep. Loretta Sanchez said on MSNBC Wednesday that law the Arizona legislature has passed that would give police the power to stop people on the street and ask them to prove they are in the United States legally “does have the probability for racial profiling

LIAR!!!

The legislation does no such thing

They're all running around out here screaming about illegal aliens.....latinos in general for that matter..... being "terrorized" and "living in fear" and look WHO is terrorizing them......liars like Sanchez and all of their other advocates.

How these people even look at themselves in the mirror as they continue to spread disinformation like this is beyond me
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

And so what if it does? Most AMERICANS of hispanic decent would not mind if it meant keeping illegals out. If I wanted to live in Mexico I'd move there.

About 100 years ago when I was a beginning driver, a cop pulled me over to make sure I was old enough to drive. I appreciated him checking and it never occurred to me to call his superiors and raise a fuss. I would have my ID checked by waiters to make sure I was old enough to order a glass of wine with dinner. Stores always make sure I am the same person whose name is on the credit card. Should I start screaming profiling and discrimination against American citizens?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Not our fault if one group in particular consistently violates our laws.
    "A Nation of sheep will beget a government of Wolves" -Edward R. Murrow

[quote="vortex"]

About 100 years ago when I was a beginning driver, a cop pulled me over to make sure I was old enough to drive. I appreciated him checking and it never occurred to me to call his superiors and raise a fuss. I would have my ID checked by waiters to make sure I was old enough to order a glass of wine with dinner. Stores always make sure I am the same person whose name is on the credit card. Should I start screaming profiling and discrimination against American citizens?[/quote]

LOL.....good points V.

What gets me is that here in AZ everyone......and I mean EVERYONE.....who tries to buy cigarettes or alcohol is required to be asked for an ID. It doesn't matter if you're 19 or 90.

That's the law and I, to this day, get carded by store clerks who have known me for the past decade I've lived in this neighborhood and shopped at their stores. It makes not a bit of difference....if they don't ask, they can lose their jobs and God help them if there is an investigator or some LE officer in the store who happens to catch them not asking......they are fired and the stores face huge fines.

We've never heard these advocates screaming and yelling about illegals having to produce ID for this reason......only ever bitching about the "racism" and "profiling", the "unfairness", of requiring them to provide driver's licenses, green cards, and/or other documents proving their identity, their right to be in this country, operate a vehicle, hold a job, or collect benefits.

Nothing wrong with that picture is there?