Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Santa Teresa residents express unease as daily migrant encounters escalate

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Santa Teresa residents express unease as daily migrant encounters escalate

Santa Teresa residents express unease as daily migrant encounters escalate

Story by Aylin Herrera • 6h

December 16, 2023

Migrant encounters in the El Paso sector continue.

According to the Border Patrol, they have encountered 700 migrants daily on average in recent weeks.

However, the number does not include migrants who go undetected.

People in Santa Teresa said some of the migrants who go undetected are coming too close to their homes.

Residents in the area said they've heard migrants hiding in the vacant land behind their neighborhood.

Migrants' daily encounters unnerve residents, reveal hidden trails© Provided by KDBC El Paso

Caption: Aylin Herrera reports on neighbors from Santa Teresa encountering migrants in their backyards{p}{/p}

Residents added that they've seen migrants crossing through their backyards to make it to the front of the neighborhood.

One resident KFOX14 spoke with said he saw migrants crossing through the homes.

He added migrants were picked up by a car he had not seen before.

KFOX14 Reporter Aylin Herrera walked through the area residents said migrants hide in and found clothes and plastic water bottles left behind.

Residents in the area said they're concerned.

"I know these people are just making their way, but I'm scared about that one person who might see kids' toys and decide he wants to break into my house," said one resident.

Others said they feel for migrants who choose to cross the border illegally.

Santa Teresa residents express unease as daily migrant encounters escalate© Provided by KFOX El Paso

Sunland Park police said they responded to reports of a group of migrants trying to enter a home.

The owner of that home told us he shot his firearm at the ground trying to scare the migrants away.

That homeowner isn't facing any charges.

RECOMMENDED: CRRUA searching for new executive director amidst water scandal investigation

Sign up to receive the top interesting stories from in and around our community once daily in your inbox.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/sa...e6c23b8&ei=147
    Last edited by Beezer; 12-16-2023 at 07:55 AM.
    ILLEGAL ALIENS HAVE "BROKEN" OUR IMMIGRATION SYSTEM

DO NOT REWARD THEM - DEPORT THEM ALL

The resident says "I know these people are just making their way, but I'm scared about that one person who might see kids' toys and decide he wants to break into my house,"

In areas that have been inundated with illegals where I have broken down arrest statistics, arrests for sexual assault of children have increased dramatically- sometimes up to 20X the rate before the invasion. They seem to not want to tell you this on the news, but it's a fact of the matter.