Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Not surprised a local media ended the story on a negative note for this bill.
    ~~
    Bolstered Border Funding Hinges on Stricter Punishment Rules

Nov 07, 2007
    Jodi Breisler, Capitol News Connection

San Diego could see more money and law enforcement agents with a proposed measure in Congress. But employers could also face stricter punishments for hiring illegal immigrants. Jodi Breisler reports from Capitol Hill.

San Diego Republican Brian Bilbray is sponsoring border security and employment verification legislation with over forty Democrats. It would add thousands more border patrol and Immigration and Customs Enforcement agents.

Bilbray says it will also force employers to use computer verification checks on their workers.

Bilbray: There are already existing programs that employers may be able to tap into, to make sure we divide those people from those who may accidentally hire illegals, to those who are purposely profiteering from the exploitation of illegal labor.

Some San Diego employers say illegal immigrants keep farms and landscaping businesses running. Even though this bipartisan bill is being introduced in the House, none of the leadership has signaled support yet.

http://www.kpbs.org/news/local;id=10148
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Some San Diego employers say illegal immigrants keep farms and landscaping businesses running.
    THEN THESE ARE EXACTLY THE EMPLOYERS WHO SHOULD BE GOING TO JAIL. GET THIS REPORTERS NOTES, FIND THEM AND JAIL THEM!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by zeezil
    Some San Diego employers say illegal immigrants keep farms and landscaping businesses running.
    THEN THESE ARE EXACTLY THE EMPLOYERS WHO SHOULD BE GOING TO JAIL. GET THIS REPORTERS NOTES, FIND THEM AND JAIL THEM!
    Wouldn't be surprised if every landscaping business has illegals in San Diego.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

[quote]Congressmen from America’s border states represented the most volatile areas in the fight against illegal immigration. Texas Rep. Ciro Rodriguez (D) said the Act would allow the law to “do the right thingâ€

Woo Hoo!! finally the voices of "We the People" are being heard and
    certain people in the gub-ment are going to try to do something about it!!

I got this from from the good folks at U.S. Border Watch:

THE FOLLOWING PRESS RELEASE IS ABOUT THE "SAVE ACT", THIS BILL IS
    EXACTLY WHAT WE'VE BEEN ASKING FOR. ENFORCEMENT WITH NO AMNESTY. WE NEED TO
    GET ON THE PHONES, AND EMAILS AND TELL YOUR CONGRESSMAN TO SUPPORT THE
    "SAVE ACT"

The Hill
    November 6, 2007
    (202) 225-0508

Shuler, Bilbray join forces on border security measure

By: Jackie Kucinich

Two ardent proponents of border security are teaming up to introduce a
    bipartisan bill aimed at curtailing illegal immigration through
    employer sanctions.

Reps. Brian Bilbray (R-Calif.) and Heath Shuler (D-N.C.), who were both
    elected after strongly criticizing President Bush’s approach to
    immigration reform, are unveiling a bill Tuesday that has already attracted
    the support of dozens of members.

“It’s the one [immigration] bill that will pass this Congress,â€
    If the race card is the only card in your hand, you're not playing with a full deck.

SAVE Act Enforces Immi -

I am going to e-mail congressman Shuler and thank him for teaming up with congressman Bilbray on this bill. Its about time our current laws are enforced and no amnesty or path to citizenship will be granted. This is the common sense thing to do. This is what the American people want and as it has been said time and time again That The Will Of The People Should Prevail. Not the Will Of Mexico, big business nor La Raza be done. But the Will of the American citizens.

Obama is my Senator (unfortunately) and today. Jan 01, 2008 I just got this email from him. It’s in reply to a NumbersUSA.com fax It’s his views on the SAVE ACT. I thought I would share with you folks.

---------------------
    Subject: Message from Senator Barack Obama
    Date: Jan 1 2008 4:44p
    To: <yzyzyyz@xzxzx.net>

Dear Xxxxxx:

Thank you for sharing with me your views on S. 2368, the Secure America Through Verification and Enforcement (SAVE) Act of 2007. I appreciate hearing from you.

According to the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), there are approximately 12 million undocumented people living in the United States. Unchecked and unauthorized immigration unquestionably is having significant adverse effects on many American workers and on some of our communities health and education infrastructure. Improving enforcement mechanisms along our borders is an important step in addressing this crisis, but I do not believe that enforcement alone will solve this issue. We need to fix the system.

With millions of undocumented immigrants living in the shadows, we need comprehensive legislation that coordinates a series of fragmented needs -- from tightened border security to temporary worker programs -- into a coherent whole. I support long-term and effective solutions to the immigration problem. While the bill that failed in the Senate earlier this year was by no means perfect, it did contain important elements, such as strengthening border control, increasing enforcement against employers who hire illegal workers and making it mandatory that they check the legal status of their workers electronically with DHS, and establishing a process by which undocumented workers and their families could earn citizenship after paying fines and learning English. In my view, we should have been able to work out a reasonable compromise to solve a serious and complex problem that the country can ill afford to solve piecemeal.

S. 2368 attempts to address the need to improve immigration enforcement through increased border protection personnel, an employer verification system, and other security measures including expanded detention space and funding to train state and local authorities to enforce immigration laws. I support these provisions as part of a comprehensive solution. This bill has been referred to the Committee on Judiciary, a panel on which I do not serve. However, I will certainly keep your views in mind should the full Senate have the opportunity to consider this legislation during the 110th Congress.

Again, Xxxxxxx, thank you for writing. Please stay in touch in the days ahead.

Sincerely,

Barack Obama
    United States Senator
    <div>&ldquo;There is no longer any Left or Right, there is only Tyranny or Liberty &rdquo;</div>

He danced around that one didn't he ? Maybe if they see attrition works they will be more apt to hold off on amnesty.
    "A Government big enough to give you everything you want,is strong enough to take everything you have"* Thomas Jefferson

xyz
    Anyone remember this? Was any of this ever enforced? IT was upheld by the Courts..
    Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986 (IRCA), which makes it unlawful for employers knowingly to hire undocumented workers or for employees to use fraudulent documents to establish employment eligibility
    There are inane and obstructive law suits entertained in the Courts today challenging any and every Law based on arguments ranging from "civil rights" to "It is the Fed's who enforce it..No..it is the State"
    NONE OF THE LAWS ARE BEING ENFORCED...by anyone..although some of the new local ordinances are more promising than anything Federal...What rational person would believe that passing more laws will change anything?
    WE don't need more laws or different laws..We need Laws that are Enforced..
    Watch out that the SAVE ACT doesn't strip the States and other local governments of any power to pass and enforce local ordinance or the power to enforce Federal Law...
    I am not saying the Save Act might not be a good thing..but it needs to be looked at very carefully ...especially all the amendments and riders that can be added to get rid of the Law passed in 1986...Be very careful with this..or any law proposed in the Congress..
    Watch OUT.. A government that won't enforce the law can't be trusted to make or change any law

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12