Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Imblest, I'm sorry I didn't mean to offend! I was pointing out what was hypocrisy to me, everything was taboo and came about after MUCH fighting (Lottery, Liquor by the drink, and you still can't gamble in any shape or form in NC); yet there were many many strip clubs in and around Raleigh and they were allowed to continue business even though there were a lot more illegalities associated with them!

The bit about leaving Wake Co. to buy liquor wasn't that Wake was dry, it was about being seen in an ABC store. My lifelong friend ( 3rd grade to today) is Baptist and her parents used to go to Benson to buy their liquor, I just found that funny... haha funny.

Again, I apologize to any and ALL Baptists I didn't mean to offend.

Quote Originally Posted by imblest
    Quote Originally Posted by Judy
    I don't understand the need to minister to hispanics or illegal aliens. Most of them if not all of them are already Christians raised as Roman Catholics.
    We don't have a whole lot of Catholic churches around here, and the children generally aren't getting much in the way of Christian instruction. Also, (not starting an argument for the Catholics with us, I know and love many Catholics!) many Catholics are not truly saved by grace and trusting in Christ. (The same is true of many who believe they themselves are Christians.) No matter Catholic or not, as Christians we still must act in a Christ-like manner to all we come into contact with. Christ said, "Go into all the world and preach the Gospel." That's the number one thing He asks us to do, so we should do it.
    Then the best ministry for illegal aliens is to tell them Jesus is waiting for them in their home country so they need to hurry home.

A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by nomas
    Imblest, I'm sorry I didn't mean to offend! I was pointing out what was hypocrisy to me, everything was taboo and came about after MUCH fighting (Lottery, Liquor by the drink, and you still can't gamble in any shape or form in NC); yet there were many many strip clubs in and around Raleigh and they were allowed to continue business even though there were a lot more illegalities associated with them!

The bit about leaving Wake Co. to buy liquor wasn't that Wake was dry, it was about being seen in an ABC store. My lifelong friend ( 3rd grade to today) is Baptist and her parents used to go to Benson to buy their liquor, I just found that funny... haha funny.

Again, I apologize to any and ALL Baptists I didn't mean to offend.
    No worries please!! It takes a heck of a lot more than that to offend me!! I know you were speaking from your experience and that's okay. I realized later what you meant about going to the next county to buy liquor. You are right that there are many who pretend to be Christian and it sets a horrible example to the world around us who see them and think we are all that way!

PLEASE don't think you offended me, and I am sorry if my response seemed to indicate that I was offended. I just wanted people to realize that in a Baptist church, each congregation pretty much does their own thing. My church doesn't even send delegates to the convention anymore and many others don't as well. Nobody in my church is perfect and we have our problems, but wanting a bunch of hispanics to be legalized isn't one of them!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Join our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & to secure US borders by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123