Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

SC: Immigration scam in Dillon County

http://www.wpde.com/news/viewarticle.asp?view=2753

Immigration scam in Dillon County

Six illegal immigrants await sentencing for their role in a scheme to become legal U.S. Citizens. Federal authorities say the men fooled Dillon County officials into giving them voter registration cards.
    WPDE talked with the women who gave them the cards. To fill out a voter registration application, you do not need to show any proof as to where you live. Employees at the voter registration office say that's how the men initially got away with their scheme.

Suzie Edwards is the Director of the Dillon County Voter Registration Office. She vividly remembers a period back in December, when six Mexican immigrants came to her office.

"They would bring one in with them that could speak English, because we would have to talk with that person and explain the application," said Edwards.

That application is pretty basic. You have to present your Social Security Card and birth certificate, and even though you write down your address, you don't have to show any proof.

"I couldn't question if they had the correct documents in front of me," said Edwards. "I had no reason to question if they did live here or did not"

So, they gave the men their voter registration cards, but were suspicious.

"We new something, but couldn't figure out what it was," said Edwards.

Suzie's suspicions were right, the men were not legal citizens. They used stolen stolen security numbers and fake birth certificates to fool her into giving them voter registration cards. They took those cards to the DMV where unknown employees there, gave them Driver's Licenses and I.D. Cards. So for a short time, they had documentation showing they were legal citizens.

That is, until they got caught. Last week, they pled guilty to those crimes. Suzie Edwards is glad their scheme came to an abrupt end.

"I think it was good," said Edwards. "They should have been caught."

Edwards says that the men are still registered to vote in Dillon County. She's waiting on officials at the State Election Commission to remove them from her list.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

MW
    Suzie's suspicions were right, the men were not legal citizens. They used stolen stolen security numbers and fake birth certificates to fool her into giving them voter registration cards. They took those cards to the DMV where unknown employees there, gave them Driver's Licenses and I.D. Cards. So for a short time, they had documentation showing they were legal citizens.
    Wow, makes me wonder how many others been successful with this scam.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

"Wow, makes me wonder how many others been successful with this scam. "

These illegals make a career out of scamming and stealing. I'm fairly certain that all illegal's are up to their eyebrows in deceptive scams.