Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

SC, Justice Dept. discuss illegal immigration law

SC, Justice Dept. discuss illegal immigration law

thesunnews.com
    News - South Carolina & Regional
    The Associated Press
    Wednesday, Oct. 26, 2011

COLUMBIA, S.C. -- Officials with the U.S. Justice Department have met with South Carolina's attorney general as they review the state's new illegal immigration law.

U.S. Attorney Bill Nettles met with state Attorney General Alan Wilson Wednesday to discuss the law.

Wilson said the meeting was cordial but would not release details.

The Justice Department is reviewing immigration-related laws passed by several states and is challenging some of them in court.

South Carolina's law requires police to check suspects' immigration status and mandates that all businesses check a federal online system when they hire people.

The American Civil Liberties Union and other groups earlier this month sued to block the South Carolina from taking effect in January. The ACLU has challenged similar laws in Alabama, Arizona, Utah, Indiana and Georgia.

Read more: http://www.thesunnews.com/2011/10/26/24 ... z1bwFW4V2L
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

good every state should check for ID get your head out of the sand
    Gov wake the hell up
    we want jobs & our country back
    No amnesty
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    We have "Secure Communities" here but the cops wont detain illegals because ICE wont come get them.Pointless!! Thanks Obama!

Banned
    Same here. I.C.E. just wont come. Thanks for nothing I.C.E. If I didnt do my job I would be fired in a New York minute.