Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Scared New York Times tries scare-mongering attrition

Scared New York Times tries scare-mongering attrition

Apparently "attrition" - the plan to enforce our immigration laws and thereby encourage many or most illegal aliens to go home and discourage future illegal immigration - has the New York Times scared, namely because they think it would work. And, they're ratcheting up the scare-mongering about it in the NYT editorial "One Argument, 12 Million Holes" (link: http://www.nytimes.com/2008/01/18/opini ... wanted=all ):

Making it work would require far more government intrusion into daily lives, with exponential increases in workplace raids and deportations. It would mean constant ID checks for everyone — citizens, too — with immigration police at the federal, state and local levels. It would mean enlisting bureaucrats and snoops to keep an eye on landlords, renters, laborers, loiterers and everyone who uses government services or gets sick... Worst of all, it's weak on law and order. It is a free pass to the violent criminals we urgently need to hunt down and deport. Attrition means waiting until we stumble across bad people hiding in the vast illegal immigrant haystack. Comprehensive reform, by bringing the undocumented out of the shadows, shrinks the haystack.
    Sheesh. Did Tamar Jacoby write this for them? It sounds like something she'd try to sell. While what attrition means obviously depends on how it's implemented, it certainly doesn't have to be done in that fashion, and were it done as described I'd think that something else was going on: either it was being done that way as just an expression of authoritarianism, or it was being done that way in order to generate opposition and scuttle the plan. An honest implementation of attrition would involve things like strongly discouraging mayors from having sanctuary policies, fighting against laws that would give illegal aliens non-emergency benefits, several high-profile prosecutions of those who employ large numbers of illegal aliens, and so forth.

And, attrition doesn't mean that we'd stop sending teams out to arrest fugitive and criminal aliens. And, "comprehensive reform", in addition to being an unworkable mess, would simply temporarily reduce the size of the "haystack"; it would quickly begin growing again as new illegal aliens arrived here because they wanted to take part in that or future amnesties.

Unfortunately, there's more:

Even if you accept the Republicans' view of immigration policy as warfare against illegal immigrants, their tactics are the rejects of history, starting with that Vietnam-evoking "attrition." The border wall is right from Monsieur Maginot's playbook — fortifying just one of two international borders even though at least 40 percent of illegal immigrants arrive perfectly legally and then overstay their visas.
    Obviously, the NYT is lying about the "warfare" bit, and while the last part is true the solution to that is not "comprehensive reform" but to stop giving visas to people who have a strong risk of overstaying them.

They also falsely state that the "attrition fantasy is now, by default, the national immigration strategy". Our default policy is to allow almost anyone who makes it over the border to stay here, and that's been brought to us thanks to corrupt politicians. They also decry the SAVE Act and mention that "Mike Huckabee one-upped [Fred Thompson] by signing the "No Amnesty" pledge of the nativist group NumbersUSA". Then, they end with this:

The Republican stance on immigration leaves an opening that opponents could drive a truck through. The Democratic candidates have the better position but approach the subject with eggshell timidity. They should stand up for a real debate, and a better country, by forcefully challenging the Republicans on this issue.
    Bring it on. After seeing them in debates, I'm not exactly comfortable with Mitt Romney or Fred Thompson being able to decimate the Democratic position on this issue, but I'm sure that others who might be brought in to the debate could do so.
    http://lonewacko.com/blog/archives/007401.html
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I say yes Demacrates please bring it out in the open...we are waiting cowards!
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

I....as a citizen...have NO problem showing my ID......I am proud of it....
    The difference between an immigrant and an illegal alien is the equivalent of the difference between a burglar and a houseguest. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

NY Times

It is a true crime that the New York Times once considered the national "News of Record" has been forced by its ideologically slanted editiors to sink so low and lose all credibility. They have slowly changed into the Politically Correct "National Enquirer"of liberal PC propaganda that everyone knows slant stories and fabricate details in order to try to sell their politically correct viewpoints. Whatever happened to just reporting the actual news truthfully without slant or opinion?
    "American"Â*with no hyphen andÂ*proud of it!

deportation

"There is no way to round them up and move them out all at once."

Once again , defeatist words from America's onetime leading newspimper. (Did I mispell that?? Nah!)
    The CIS has been advocating Attrition by Enforcement since April of 2006.
    It has been accepted as a viable means of repairing the damage to America caused by illegal immigration. Why does the NYTimes continue in their efforts to assist lawbreakers and economic busters???
    Enforcement of existing laws works. Jorge Bush refuses to enforce the laws because it pushes the globalist economy and the SPP/NAU backwards and slows them down.
    The only reason he wants to "stimulate" the economy is because the proof that his elitist plan (NAU)does not work is becoming more evident every day. (Recession, unemployment.)Keep your $800 or $1600 Mr Bush, it is ours anyway. Shut down the border and your Texas Corridor and your f****** jelly bean bullfeathers and give America back to the Americans.

The New York Times, should be run out of this country, like all the ILLEGAL INVADERS and their supporters. I think the only thing WE AMERICANS can do now, is to make it manifest and come to fruition, that we remove all government leaders, corporate sponsors and ILLEGAL INVADERS, and make it known to one and all ....

WE'LL NOT STAND FOR ANY MORE !!!

Make some examples of those in support of the Destruction of America from within, that this kind of conduct will NOT be tolerated any longer !

AWAY WITH YOU N.Y. TIMES !!! AWAY WITH YOU !!!

To A Better Day America !

Your Loyal Son & Servant ~

Give Me Liberty, or Give Me Death !!!

You can ask for my ID, you can fingerprint me, heck you can even take my blood and do a DNA test....I don't care. Whatever it takes to identify and weed out the illegal aliens.
    Calderon was absolutely right when he said...."Where there is a Mexican, there is Mexico".