Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Banned

SCHIP invaded by illegal immigrants? House votes today

http://www.ajc.com

Tuesday, September 25, 2007, 12:36 PM

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

With the House set to vote today to reauthorize the State Children’s Health Insurance Program, or SCHIP, Rep. Nathan Deal (R-Ga.) has found a new reason to hate the bill. Illegal immigrants.

All of Georgia’s Republican congressmen voted against a similar bill in August that would have added at least $35 billion to the program, known locally as PeachCare, despite the program’s success and popularity at home. The vote today is on a compromise bill worked out by House and Senate negotiators

Taking their lead from President Bush, Georgia GOPers argue that SCHIP is a first step toward socialized medicine, a wild expansion of governmental powers and no longer doing what it was designed to do a decade ago.

Just hours before the House vote Tuesday, however, Deal warned his fellow congressmen in a “Dear Colleagueâ€

This is exactly why they are trying to pass this bill. To take care of the millions of illegal's children we need socialized medicine. We would be just fine if we sent them and there parents back with them. This stupid bill would not be neccessay if it was not for Bush.Why spend more money on something that is not our problem? I would call this pork barrel spending. Bush and Hatch need to realize that we know what they are doing.
    <div>''Life's tough......it's even tougher if you're stupid.''
    -- John Wayne</div>

OK, here's the deal. I just spoke to my Congressman's (Patrick McHenry, R-NC, 10th District) staffer and this bill is on the floor on the House today for a final vote (it was passed in the House last year and then went to committee where the DEMOCRATS re-worked it to allow for the illegal alien loophole). Now it is back to the House for a final vote today and it will pass. Then onto the Senate, where is will also pass (they had voted on it previously, as well). Then sent to Bush where it is felt certain that he will VETO because of the huge costs of the program (budget buster). That may kill it since there are probably not enough votes in Congress to over ride the veto.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Listening to talk radio last night, the subject of health insurance was discussed. I think it was Boortz............

Of the 47 million UNINSURED,

9 million are illegals
    17 million are those who earn OVER $75,000/yr
    18 million are young people who don't carry any kind of insurance because they don't think they need it.

Quote Originally Posted by zeezil
    OK, here's the deal. I just spoke to my Congressman's (Patrick McHenry, R-NC, 10th District) staffer and this bill is on the floor on the House today for a final vote (it was passed in the House last year and then went to committee where the DEMOCRATS re-worked it to allow for the illegal alien loophole). Now it is back to the House for a final vote today and it will pass. Then onto the Senate, where is will also pass (they had voted on it previously, as well). Then sent to Bush where it is felt certain that he will VETO because of the huge costs of the program (budget buster). That may kill it since there are probably not enough votes in Congress to over ride the veto.
    So are you saying that if Bush vetoes this Bill, could be our only saving grace?

This bill has alread passed both houses. This is the negotiated differences that the House and Senate are not voting on that came out of a join committee.

The House version provided care for illegal aliens, the Senate version pumped more money into it.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by ConcernedCitizen
    Quote Originally Posted by zeezil
    So are you saying that if Bush vetoes this Bill, could be our only saving grace?
    Yep...that's the only chance to scuttle it.

Everyone knows that Bush is going to veto this bill. So, if you are a dumb **** Congressman or Senator does it not sound good too the Hispanic voters that you tried to get it through? I think that we need to have something on Alipac that states how each congressman and senator voted for each bill that has to do with illegals from now until election time. That way we have a reference to go back to. What a poweful e-mail that would be to send out to everyone during primaries and elections. I am up to helping with that if it could possibly be a go.

Paige
    -- John Wayne</div>

Excellent idea Paige! Talk to William........

How do I talk to William?

Thanks
    -- John Wayne</div>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast