Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

School gets $1 million for border security

http://www.elpasotimes.com/news/ci_4308570

Article Launched: 9/09/2006 12:00 AM

School gets $1 million for border security

El Paso Times

The Senate has approved $1 million for border security research at the University of Texas at El Paso, U.S. Sen. Kay Bailey Hutchison, R-Texas, said Thursday.
    The money part of the fiscal year 2007 Department of Defense appropriations bill, will help establish a Center for Defense Systems Research at UTEP with a focus on border security. "With close proximity to both the U.S.-Mexico border and major military installations, UTEP is in an excellent position to develop new security technologies," Hutchison said in a news release.

Louie Gilot
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

The Senate has approved $1 million for border security research at the University of Texas at El Paso, U.S. Sen. Kay Bailey Hutchison, R-Texas, said Thursday.
    So what we have here is Hutchinson delivering $1 million in pork to Texas, and $0 actually being spent on border security.

Business as usual, in other words.

I don't suppose she's up for re-election this year, by any chance?
    It's like hell vomited and the Bush administration appeared.

Quote Originally Posted by CountFloyd
    So what we have here is Hutchinson delivering $1 million in pork to Texas, and $0 actually being spent on border security. Business as usual, in other words. I don't suppose she's up for re-election this year, by any chance?
    Quite right and to make matters worse, any secret security systems developed there probably will be overtly handed to Mexica by some liberal professor. As a matter of fact, Kay Bailey Hutchison is up for re-election and probably will win in a landslide. However you can bet your butt she'll not get my vote. I've been a contributing and supporting member of the Republican party for almost 40 years and cannot quite bring myself to vote liberal so I'm just gonna' withhold my vote for US Senator this time. I've written her 12 times over the past year and gracious as she is, her work on the border issue is totally ineffective as most have been.
    '58 Airedale