Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

School Provision in Alabama Immigration Law Forces Families

School Provision in Alabama Immigration Law Forces Families to Move
    An immigration law that has been called the toughest in the nation is facing legal challenges in Alabama, especially because of a provision requiring public schools to check the immigration status of their students.

pbs.org
    Posted: 09.16.11

Young activists march across the Brooklyn Bridge in New York July 29, 2010 calling for a permanent repeal of Arizona's controversial immigration law. Alabama legislature passed a similiar bill that was supposed to take effect this month.

As with a hotly-debated immigration law passed in Arizona, law enforcement officials in Alabama would be required to stop anyone they deem suspicious and check their immigration status.

However, the Alabama bill goes further by banning illegal immigrants from attending state colleges, making it illegal to harbor or help undocumented immigrants and requiring public schools to report undocumented students.

Already, reports from around the state suggest that undocumented families planned to leave the state before school started.

The bill’s co-author, Alabama state representative Micky Hammon, a Republican, argues that the law is a “job-creation bill for Americansâ€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

If we LEGAL TAXPAYING CITIZENS are being forced to foot the bill for educating illegals, then we are entitled to know HOW MUCH we are paying. Simple as that!

If we LEGAL TAXPAYING CITIZENS are being forced to foot the bill for educating illegals, then we are entitled to know HOW MUCH we are paying. Simple as that
    Agreed.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I can imagine Nancy Pelosi saying: "You'll have to pass amnesty to find out how many."

Win The Future!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by Ratbstard
    I can imagine Nancy Pelosi saying: "You'll have to pass amnesty to find out how many."

Win The Future!
    Just like their Jobs Bill now
    "When you have knowledge,you have a responsibility to do better"_ Paula Johnson

"I did then what I knew to do. When I knew better,I did better"_ Maya Angelou