Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Schwarzenegger Considers Declaring Border Emergency

http://www.10news.com/news/4864549/detail.html

Governor Considers Declaring Border Emergency
    Arizona, New Mexico Issue Declaration

POSTED: 1:52 pm PDT August 17, 2005
    UPDATED: 2:23 pm PDT August 17, 2005

SAN DIEGO -- Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger said Wednesday he would consider joining his counterparts in Arizona and New Mexico in declaring a state of emergency to strengthen law enforcement along the border with Mexico.

"We're talking about that right now," Schwarzenegger told a local radio station. "If we see a need for that, we definitely will do the same thing."

New Mexico Gov. Bill Richardson issued an emergency declaration on Friday to free up $1.75 million in funding to fight crime and illegal immigration along that state's border with Mexico.

"Recent developments have convinced me this action is necessary -- including violence directed at law enforcement, damage to property and livestock, increased evidence of drug smuggling and an increase in the number of undocumented immigrants," Richardson said.

Arizona Gov. Janet Napolitano issued a similar declaration on Monday, allowing $1.5 million to be earmarked to fight criminal activity and illegal immigration along the Arizona border.

"The federal government has failed to secure our border, and the health and safety of all Arizonans is threatened daily by violent gangs, coyotes and other dangerous criminals," Napolitano said.

"Anyone who lives at the border can attest to the fact that what they face is devastating," she added. "I intend to take every action feasible to stem the tide of criminal behavior on the Arizona side of the border."

Both Democratic governors joined Schwarzenegger, a Republican, at a recent conference on border issues in New Mexico, which included representatives from Mexican states.

"We all have talked about the importance of really securing the borders," Schwarzenegger told the radio station.

"It is not just the flow of illegal immigrants that are coming over here, but it is also the drug trafficking that is going on, the violence that is going on on the borders and the human trafficking," he said.

Schwarzenegger said he would only consider declaring a state of emergency along California's border with Mexico "if there's a need."

"Right now, we are having things somewhat under control, so there was no reason for it yet," he said. "If there is a reason for it, we definitely would do that."

Schwarzenegger was recently criticized by Latino groups for his praise of the so-called "minutemen" civilian patrols that monitored San Diego County's border with Mexico this summer.

Contact Gov. Schwarzenegger and urge him to declare an emergency and call out the National Guard to remove the illegals.

http://www.americanpatrol.com/CALIFORNI ... o-CA_.html
    Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Another state This is getting very popular. Who's next Surely there are more to come.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I sent this to Arnold. It's too late for me to call since it's 1100pm where I'm at.

Governor:

I highly urge you to declare a state border emergency just like Governors Richardson and Napalitano did respectifully. Actually I want you to go a step further. Not only do I urge you to declare the state border emergency, but I also highly urge you to call upon the National Guard to remove the illegals from the country. The illegal aliens are a detriment to our great country. The fact that they are here illegally is a federal crime. They are seriously draining our economy, health care/education and social systems. They are overcrowding our schools, jail cells and forcing our hospitals to be shut down. We know that the illegals are the main reason why California is billions of dollars in debt. We know that the majority of inmates in Californian prisons are illegals and that the majority of hispanic gang members are illegals. They are negatively impacting our language and culture and turning many of our neighborhoods into their own little Tiaquana/Mexico City. It's time we stop allowing the inmates to run the asylum. It's time for you sir to act and take California back not only for legal Californian citizens, but for America as well. It's time for you stand up to President Bush, Congress and the Senate for their inexcuseable lack of action which has caused this major crisis to worsen.

I'm counting on you to do the right thing.
    Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

What is Arnold waiting for? I think all 50 states should declare an emergency!

Dman, that's pretty much what I told him in my letter. 'cept I told him not to be a girly-man!
    Want to make people angry? Lie to them.
    Want to make them absolutely livid? Tell 'em the truth."

http://towncriernews.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by TheWatchdog
    What is Arnold waiting for? I think all 50 states should declare an emergency!
    I think your right, they should all declare a State of Emergency. But My governor might get to do it from a jail cell.
    http://www.alipac.us/
    You can not be loyal to two nations, without being unfaithful to one. Scubayons 02/07/06

The only state left on the border would be Texas. If Texas declared a state of emergency in their border counties, they could use that to prevent the Minutement from taking their posts.

This story added to the homepage...

https://www.alipac.us/article-626-thread-1-0.html
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

This is amazing. We are watching history being made here, folks. We have to be sure to thank these politicians for waking up out of their comas to the fact that something really ugly is happening on our borders.

You know this is by far the biggest issue of my lifetime. Never in the history of the world has one nation (well actually several) sent out the word their people should get up and leave--to start living in another nation illegally. I mean think about that. This is uncharted territory. And when you see how complicit Bush and his cronies have been--you have to ask yourself what the hell is really going on here?

Anyway--looks like we have a political rebellion going on with these State of Emegency being called. Even dull-witted hacks like Napolitano are forced into action.

Until AHHnold and the other two governors deploy troops it won't mean squat anyway. It's just symbolism at best and even then it's not really that symbolic.

They can throw money at the problem all they want by declaring a state of emergency. Until some actual muscle (no pun intended) is involved I won't actually believe that it's happening.

And Rick Perry will NEVER go along with it for fear of offending a certain somebody.