Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Schwarzenegger supports immigration deal

Courageous???!!!

~~~~~~~~~

Schwarzenegger supports immigration deal
    By SCOTT LINDLAW, Associated Press Writer
    June 5, 2007

SAN FRANCISCO - Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger called President Bush "very courageous" Tuesday for pressing ahead with a contentious immigration reform plan, supporting a fellow Republican on an issue that has split the party.

Schwarzenegger — an Austrian immigrant and naturalized U.S. citizen — rebuked those he described as partisan critics trying to torpedo the bipartisan immigration deal struck by the Senate. It would allow 12 million illegal immigrants to remain in the U.S. while they took steps to gain citizenship.

"I think it's inexcusable that we have had this system, and that people are fighting from the far right and the far left over this issue, rather than coming together in the center and really coming up with a compromise that works," the governor told several hundred members of the San Francisco Chamber of Commerce.

"I have to say President Bush is very courageous to push this immigration bill," he said. "I am very pleased that Congress is working very hard and negotiating so they can solve this issue once and for all."

Schwarzenegger's views on immigration have largely aligned with Bush's for some time. But the support he expressed Tuesday, in response to an audience member's question, came at a sensitive time for the president.

Bush has been pilloried by conservatives who oppose what they see as the immigration proposal's amnesty for illegal immigrants.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070606/ap_ ... igration_1
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Scwarzennegger is a Republocrat,period

He is so two-faced. He's another Kennedy. However he tries to play both ways. He speaks in forked-tongue. Boy thats 2 I voted for that have betrayed us! Terrible huh?

I hear ya Wilma!
    Voted for both of them twice. I'm beginning to think no one should get a second term, that's when their true colors show.
    I was so excited about Arnold in the beginning too.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

What do you expect from someone married to a Kennedy? He is killing California with his liberal give-a-ways to illegals. Now he wants to give them the whole damn country!!!!!!!!!

It only took a few months in office for this guy to become toatlly corrupted. He's just another hack now.
    <div>Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of congress; but I repeat myself. Mark Twain</div>