Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Seattle undocumented make their own campaign

Ask voters to support immigration reform

SEATTLE - When Maria Gianni knocks in the homes of potential voters, not afraid to tell who is illegally in the country. He knows that he faces a risk, but believes it's worth what he considers a crucial choice.

The immigrant of 42 years is one of dozens of volunteers, many of them undocumented, who travel the neighborhoods of Seattle to try to naturalized citizens vote for candidates such as Sen. Patty Murray, who delivers a very even bid against Republican Dino Rossi.

Pramila Jayapal, director of OneAmerica Votes, says the campaign aims to encourage immigrants who believe not being able to contribute to a campaign by not voting.

"Immigrants matter," said Jayapal. "If we can not vote us, we will knock on doors or make the family vote."

Immigration Reform

So far the campaign of illegal immigrants, house by house, faces no opposition. Craig Keller, an organizer of WA Respect, a group that promotes stricter immigration law in Washington, said he does not care that illegal act as volunteers and only concerned that there are no errors in the lists of voters and for those vote.

"Everybody can go out and shake a poster, but when it comes to making decisions, there is no doubt that they have to be citizens," said Keller.

In close elections around the country, the vote of immigrants and minorities is considered vital for the candidates, especially Democrats.

Controversial Ad

This week in Nevada, a television spot urging Hispanics to not vote sparked outrage from Democrats, who called it a ploy to help Republican candidates.

Univision and Telemundo, the two main Spanish-language networks, canceled the warning, that the Republican group Latinos for Reform had planned to spread in Nevada, Florida, California, Texas and Colorado through Election Day on Nov. 2.

In Seattle there are many immigrant groups, Hispanics, Asians, Africans.

Debate stalled

This year, Congress refused to consider the reform of immigration law to the disappointment of the supporters of immigrants who hoped that the Democrats did.

Anyway, OneAmerica Votes launched a major campaign in the state to support Democratic candidates. OneAmerica the organization comes from one of the largest and most influential groups to support immigrants in the state.

Through home visits, telephone calls and mailings, the organization aims to reach about 40,000 registered voters in the Seattle area to help the Democrats. The volunteers include other groups of people who can not vote as lawful permanent residents who are not citizen.
    http://noticias.univision.com/inmigraci ... tados-voto[
    All Countries have bordersÂ* and laws must be respected

All Countries have bordersÂ* and laws must be respected

are you nuts stay the hell In mexico . you are Not a USA Certifictie you don't have the right to vote show me your Birth Certificatie . I vote I have to show My Paper IM NYC . I have to show my so show me your \
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

related:

Illegal Aliens Canvass for Votes in Wash. State
    http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-215934.html

Illegal aliens canvassing votes for dems.
    http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-215949.html