Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by zeezil
    I agree GoGo. I thought EL totally misread the article, as well.
    I can see how this author seemed like he was leaning that way but then cleared it up in the end.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Seeking Biblical

Good article. Let us not forget that Mary and Joseph were OBEYING the law when they traveled to a foreign land TO BE TAXED. How many of us would want to travel by donkey, being heavy with child, to a city with no room at the Inn to PAY TAXES? It was very hard for them and others, yet they obeyed the law of the land.
    What about JOB. He suffered misery beyond comprehension, yet his faith never wavered. No whining, or expecting others to provide for him.

It appears to me that the illegal immigrants should appeal to God to deliver them from their misery, instead of the United States. Misplaced faith, perhaps.

I'm printing this article to give to a friend who is a member of Jehova's Witness and describes himself as a "compassionate conservative'. He is a good, intelligent and faith-filled man with whom I have spent many hours discussing many issues including illegal immigration. His church holds a seperate service in spanish, and he admits there illegals present at these services. He knows they are breaking the law being here and seems to have, at times, conflicted feelings about that fact.

Quote Originally Posted by florgal
    I'm printing this article to give to a friend who is a member of Jehova's Witness and describes himself as a "compassionate conservative'. He is a good, intelligent and faith-filled man with whom I have spent many hours discussing many issues including illegal immigration. His church holds a seperate service in spanish, and he admits there illegals present at these services. He knows they are breaking the law being here and seems to have, at times, conflicted feelings about that fact.
    The Dreamers and others always try to use OT scripture to make their argument. It's always weak to be sure especially taken out of context. That is why good written articles are good to have on hand. I use to go to the debates at Biola College. They have some of the top Phd's in the field of apologetics. They would take questions from the audience and they are good. I wonder if Craig Hazen has anything on this. He is the head of apologetics there and was in my church. I'll email him and see if he has anything.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12