Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Banned

Sen. Corker Will Vote No on Immigration Compromise

Sen. Corker Will Vote No on Immigration Compromise

http://wdef.com/node/5207

Submitted by WDEF on May 18, 2007

WASHINGTON, D.C. – U.S. Senator Bob Corker (R-TN) today made the following statement regarding immigration reformation legislation proposed this week in the Senate:

“On Monday, Senators are being asked to start voting on a complex immigration reform bill that most members have not had a chance to read or review. There is no doubt we need to secure America’s borders and reform our broken immigration system, but this should not be done hastily by cramming through a largely unknown piece of legislation in a few days.

“After reading several summaries of this bill, I have serious concerns and for that reason I will vote ‘no’ on proceeding to the bill on Monday. I hope in the near future the Senate will return to immigration reform in a framework where Senators will be given the time necessary for serious debate on an issue of this magnitude.â€

Way to go Corker we need more like you at this time in history!!

Everyone go vote in this c-span pole

Should illegal immigrants who pay a fine be offered legal status??

http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=F ... c&p=356858
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

After reading several summaries of this bill,
    SUMMARIES!!!!

Add this into ALL YOUR COMMUNICATION to these numbnuts!

Vote for cloture on a possible 1000 PAGE piece of legislation by reading a 3 PAGE SUMMARY?????
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndamendsis
    After reading several summaries of this bill,
    SUMMARIES!!!!

Add this into ALL YOUR COMMUNICATION to these numbnuts!

Vote for cloture on a possible 1000 PAGE piece of legislation by reading a 3 PAGE SUMMARY?????
    OKIE DOKIE!!!
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

A good Republican!!!
    <div>Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of congress; but I repeat myself. Mark Twain</div>

Give the Senate the time

Obviously what is the rush, perhaps is it that too many Americans will find out and reject this atrocity. I want everyone to be able to read this bill and ponder the ramifications. You don't do something this important in a rush or push it blindly just to get it done; you do it right or not at all. Senator Corker has a point here.

Tennessee Voices on Illegal Immigration

AT LAST TENNESEE HAS A SENATOR WHO IS INTELLIGENT ENOUGH NOT TO VOTE FOR AN AMNESTY BILL WHICH IS A SHAM.

My family, 3 generations, voted for Bob Corker on his promise to put the welfare of the people of Tennessee above partisan politics and support responsible immigration reform.

Today, May 20, 2007 we have his assurance he will not vote for this ridiculous attempt at duping the American people..

I hope the congressmen you elected in 2006 are doing the same for you.
    IF NOT, phone and email all this week as they debate a bill so ridiculous as to be laughable were it not a testimony to their decision the American people are too dumb to know what is going on.

Re: Tennessee Voices on Illegal Immigration

Quote Originally Posted by TennesseeDaughter
    AT LAST TENNESEE HAS A SENATOR WHO IS INTELLIGENT ENOUGH NOT TO VOTE FOR AN AMNESTY BILL WHICH IS A SHAM.

My family, 3 generations, voted for Bob Corker on his promise to put the welfare of the people of Tennessee above partisan politics and support responsible immigration reform.

Today, May 20, 2007 we have his assurance he will not vote for this ridiculous attempt at duping the American people..

I hope the congressmen you elected in 2006 are doing the same for you.
    IF NOT, phone and email all this week as they debate a bill so ridiculous as to be laughable were it not a testimony to their decision the American people are too dumb to know what is going on.
    I love Tennessee {spent a great deal of time there} and was so disappointed to see how it's been turned on it's ear and screwed.

Corker is a blessing, so far, and might be the only one that can turn this damage around!

We're with you TENNESSEE!!!!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Senator Corker says he hears from voters everywhere he goes that they are upset about illegal immigration. He however voted yesterday to leave the guest worker program in after Senator Dorgan put forward an amendment to end this scheme of destroying the American Worker.

THE CALLS TO SENATOR CORKER'S OFFICES NEED TO CONTINUE as I personally believe he will vote for the bill in the end if he is not convinced it is in his best future political interest.

Senator Lamar Alexander of Tennessee voted YES Monday on going forward with the bill, while Senator Corker voted NO. He DEFINITELY needs to be called.

BOB CORKER United States Senate

Phone: 202-224-3344
    Fax: 202-228-0566

Chattanooga

Phone: 423-756-2757

Nashville

Phone: 615-279-8125
    Fax: 615-279-9488

http://corker.senate.gov/Contact/index.cfm

SENATOR LAMAR ALEXANDER

Washington Office

Phone: (202) 224-4944
    Fax: (202) 228-3398

Knoxville Office

Phone: (865) 545-4253
    Fax: (865) 545-4252

Nashville Office

Phone: (615) 736-5129
    Fax: (615) 269-4803

http://alexander.senate.gov/index.cfm?F ... ct.Offices
    Matthew 19:26
    But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast