Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Sen. Reid not listening NV constituents

New Nevada Zogby Poll and FAIR Cost Study Show Harry Reid Promoting Unpopular and Expensive Immigration Policies

LINK: http://www.hola-arkansas.com/news_pr.php?nid=13617

WASHINGTON, Feb. 20 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- A new statewide public opinion poll conducted by the Zogby International polling organization finds that Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.) is failing to represent the interests of the vast majority of his Nevada constituents on immigration policy. Sen. Reid's consistent obstruction of immigration enforcement efforts is also taking a huge toll on Nevada's state budget. A new study by the Federation for American Immigration Reform (FAIR) finds that illegal immigration costs Nevada $630 million annually.

With Nevada facing massive budget deficits, and a state unemployment rate of 9.1 percent, Sen. Reid took the extraordinary step of stripping safeguards from the economic stimulus bill intended to ensure that jobs created with $800 billion of taxpayer money went to legal U.S. workers. A reauthorization of the E-Verify program, which allows employers to verify workers Social Security number electronically, and a requirement that companies receiving stimulus money use the system, were blocked by Sen. Reid. He also took a lead role in removing them from the House-Senate conference bill that was passed and signed by President Obama.

The Zogby poll conducted among likely Nevada voters in late January found that:
    -- 77.7% of Nevada voters wanted E-Verify protections included in the stimulus bill.
    -- Nevada voters oppose amnesty (54.5% to 33.9%) for illegal aliens, an idea promoted by Sen. Reid.
    -- 76.5% of Nevada voters believe illegal immigration has a negative impact on the state budget.

Voter's perceptions of the impact of illegal immigration on Nevada are rooted in reality, finds a new cost study by FAIR. The Costs of Illegal Immigration to Nevadans finds that taxpayers bear a $630 million annual burden as a result of illegal immigration, or about $763 per native-headed household in the state. The report finds that Nevadans spend:
    -- $515 million a year to educate the children of illegal aliens.
    -- $85 million a year on unreimbursed health care for illegal aliens.
    -- $31 million a year to incarcerate criminal illegal aliens.

"At a time when Nevadans are facing record unemployment, free-falling home values, and a state budget crisis, their senator -- the majority leader -- is working against their interests," said Dan Stein, president of FAIR. "As majority leader, Sen. Reid will certainly have the political clout to steer stimulus money to Nevada, but there will be no protections to ensure that the jobs created will go to Nevadans who desperately need them.

"With the release of this public opinion poll and The Costs of Illegal Immigration to Nevadans, it is clear that the most powerful member of the Senate is ignoring the concerns of the people who elected him as well as the devastating fiscal impact of illegal immigration on his home state," Stein concluded.

About FAIR
    Founded in 1979, FAIR is the country's largest immigration reform group. With over 250,000 members nationwide, FAIR fights for immigration policies that serve national interests, not special interests. FAIR believes that immigration reform must enhance national security, improve the economy, protect jobs, preserve our environment, and establish a rule of law that is recognized and enforced.

SOURCE Federation for American Immigration Reform
    Last edited by Jean; 08-21-2013 at 06:14 PM.

Thats fine and good but why then do the people of Neveda keep voting for him?
    "American"Â*with no hyphen andÂ*proud of it!

Quote Originally Posted by ICEChargerRT
    I wish I knew. I can tell you that I never voted for him and most of the people I know didn't vote for him. I could tell you of the whispers of voter fraud (mostly in the form of illegal aliens voting), but that just makes me sound paranoid, even if it is true.

Nevadans have been known to turn a blind eye to what Reid does because we were a very prosperous state. When that changed people became wearied and numb to Reid, now people are beginning to get mad as all get out and I hope something comes of it.

Reid's up for reelection in 2010, I'm going to do my best to see that he doesn't win. I know I'm not alone, Nevadans have had enough.

I wish I knew. I can tell you that I never voted for him and most of the people I know didn't vote for him. I could tell you of the whispers of voter fraud (mostly in the form of illegal aliens voting), but that just makes me sound paranoid, even if it is true.

Welcome StephR ..........It is true! Do you mean in general or in your state?

Reid's up for reelection in 2010, I'm going to do my best to see that he doesn't win. I know I'm not alone, Nevadans have had enough.
    Yeah only 2 more years of his CRAP!!! I can relate, I'm in Maine where the 2 traitor women are from....
    Anyone know what others are up for election in 2010? Both Senate and Congress . . . Thanks
    If Palestine puts down their guns, there will be peace.
    If Israel puts down their guns there will be no more Israel.
    Dick Morris

Quote Originally Posted by ICEChargerRT
    That's the same thing I keep asking regarding our traitors...er..I mean Senators from CA, Boxer and Feinstein! I have yet to EVER meet anyone that's claimed to have voted for these two losers! Yet, year after year they continue to get re-elected! Apparently, someone is voting for them!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Welcome, StephR, and thank you for the information. It's good to see you and so many other new participants here!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Worried, every house member is up for election every two years.

Elections in 2010 for the senate of 2011 include

Shelby, Alabama
    Murkowski, Alaska.
    MC CAIN, Arizona
    Lincoln, Arkansas
    Boxer, California
    Bennet, Colorado
    DODD, Connecticut
    MARTINEZ, Florida
    Isakson, Georgia
    Inouye, Hawaii
    Crapo, Idaho
    Burris, Illinois
    Bayh, Indiana
    Grassley, Iowa
    Brownback, Kansas
    Bunning, Kentucky
    Vitter, Louisiana
    Mikulski, maryland
    Bond, Missouri
    REID, Nevada
    Gregg, New Hanpshire
    Burr, North Carolina
    Dorgan, North Dakota
    Voinovich, Ohio
    Coburn, Oklahoma
    Wyden, Oregon
    SPECTER, Pennsylvania
    DeMint, South Carolina
    Thune, South Dakota
    Bennett, Utah
    LEAHY, Vermont
    murray, Washington
    Feingold, Wisconsin

Boxer is up in 2010, since the idiot Republicans won't try to defeat her, I wonder if the Constitution Party is up to the task?

Thanks!

I didn't know they were all up at the same time?
    What about Maine's? Where is that one?
    Dick Morris

Out of that list, who needs to go? Some must be good on both sides?
    Anyone want to stick up for their state rep? Lets name the skunks here and not all Dems either.

As you know my state has a couple of winners!
    Dick Morris

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast