Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Senate GOP Blasts Calderon for Immigration, Gun Comments

Roll Call
    Senate GOP Blasts Calderon for Immigration, Gun Comments
    May 20, 2010, 1:53 p.m.
    By John Stanton
    Roll Call Staff

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Senate Republicans denounced Mexican President Felipe Calderon’s criticism of a controversial Arizona immigration law on Thursday, accusing the Mexican leader of inappropriately interfering in U.S. domestic issues.

During a speech to a joint session of Congress Thursday morning, Calderon repeated his attacks on the law.

“I strongly disagree with your recently adopted law in Arizona,â€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Guess Calderone didn't read the law either.
    "A Nation of sheep will beget a government of Wolves" -Edward R. Murrow

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I just called both Sen Hatch's and Sen Cornyn's offices in DC and thanked them for speaking out.

Everyone should call and thank them.

What a disgrace those Dem's who stood up!

What a complete disgrace!

cjbl2929 wrote,
    What a disgrace those Dem's who stood up!
    Disgrace is an understatement! These traitors are treasonous!

Why didn't the Republicans get up and walk out when he started criticizing our country for his country's ills?

I know if I were elected to REPRESENT the citizens and taxpayers I would have done so.

Easy to just complain - big deal. Most of them love this situation with the undocumented slave labor keeping their business lobbyists feeding their troughs.

They are all traitors.

All Calderon has done is tick off even more Americans.
    Take a stand or all there will be left to do is to ask the last person in the country we once called America to lower the flag one last time.

Quote Originally Posted by Bettybb
    All Calderon has done is tick off even more Americans.
    So true, and woke more people up as to how upside down and bizarre this situation has become.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by ReggieMay
    Guess Calderone didn't read the law either.
    he is just looking out for his mexicans in arizona. he dont want to lose that money coming back into his corrupt country

MW
    Quote Originally Posted by GaPatriot
    Why didn't the Republicans get up and walk out when he started criticizing our country for his country's ills?

I know if I were elected to REPRESENT the citizens and taxpayers I would have done so.

Easy to just complain - big deal. Most of them love this situation with the undocumented slave labor keeping their business lobbyists feeding their troughs.

They are all traitors.
    I would disagree. I don't think "most" Republicans in the U.S. Congress "love this situation with the undocumented slave labor." I'm not denying that some do, but I don't think "most" do.

Furthermore, in reality it wouldn't have been very feasible for the Republicans to walk out on the President of Mexico. Geez, would you have the whole world calling our Congress members a bunch of disrespectful racist? Nope, walking out during Calderon's speech wouldn't have been a good move (IMO). Heck, at least be thankful a few folks are verbally protesting Calderon's speech.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

November 2010..........nuff said.
    “In questions of power…let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution.” –Thomas Jefferson

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast