Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Senate hearing on Ramos/Compean announced

Attached just in from Monica Ramos!! Body of text also below:

July 10, 2007

NOTICE OF COMMITTEE HEARING

The Senate Committee on the Judiciary has scheduled a "Hearing to Examine the Prosecution of Igancio Ramos and Jose Compean" for Tuesday July 17th, 2007 at 10:00am in Room 226 of the Senate Dirksen Office Building.

Senator Feinstein will preside.

By order of the Chairman.

Senator Feinstein will preside
    While I am very glad to hear the news, this worries me more than a little.

Let's hope Hagstein is outvoted!

Her hispanic friends will be very upset with their best friend if she does anything positive for Ramos and Compean!

We need to contact her

We now need to let her know, we know this is happening. And let our boeder patrol agens go.

Senate committee to hear case of ex-Border Patrol agents
    By Louie Gilot / El Paso Times
    Article Launched: 07/10/2007 02:53:17 PM MDT

The Senate Committee on the Judiciary has scheduled a hearing to look into the case of two former El Paso Border Patrol agents serving time for shooting a drug smuggler in the buttocks near Fabens in 2005, officials postings show.
    The hearing will take place Tuesday morning in Washington, D.C., in front of the entire committee, which includes U.S. Sen. Dianne Feinstein, D-Calif., a supporter of agents Ignacio Ramos and Jose Alonso Compean, and U.S. Sen. John Cornyn, R-Texas. A list of witnesses was not made available yet. It is not clear whether the hearing will help the agents, currently serving decade-long sentences.

http://www.elpasotimes.com/breakingnews/ci_6341616
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

This is good news and a long time coming. But Senator Frankenstein will be presiding? She needs watched closely. I hope the entire process is televised on CSPAN but who knows what back scene manipulations will occur. I bet that the Mexican government's meddling and complicity in their prosecutions is glossed over or hardly even discussed.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

At first blush this announcement made me VERY happy ... then that old "be careful for what you wish for" feeling hit my gut.

NOW for the GOOD NEWS! Jeff Sessions, John Cornyn, and Tom Coburn are members of this committee.

Familiar names from the Immigration Bill battle, eh?

PLEASE-- let us all make an effort to contact them about the miscarriage of justice done to our brothers Ramos and Compean!

Well, since the Dems control the Senate, they control the Senate Committees.

Each Committee will have a Chair which will be a Democrat. There are Republican members too, they just don't run the committee.

I would imagine both sides of the issue will be able to testify. I would expect any publicity would be good for the border patrol agents that are locked up.

Lets see what if any new testimony and evidence bubbles up from the hearings. I think a lot of people don't understand the legal principles upon which they where charged and convicted in the first place.
    Steve
    Ohio Jobs & Justice PAC
    http://www.OJJPAC.org

Thanks for the good news CitizenBob.

Interesting previous thread re this issue:

http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=F ... ein+letter
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Ramos and Campeon

Actually Feinstein initially was extremely supportive of the Ramos/Campeon plea for freedom. It actually shocked me, but her words and I am not quoting were something to the affect of we must not put our agents who's lives are on the line, in this type of compromising situation. Of course then came along the immigration shamnesty bill. But it was Feinstein who requested the hearing some months ago from Leahy. Trust me I don't trust her but just wanted to put this in.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast