Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Senator Graham Press Release

http://lgraham.senate.gov/index.cfm?mod ... &id=277084
    Senator Graham Press Release
    Contact: Wes Hickman (202-224-5972) or Kevin Bishop (864-250-1417)
    Date: 06/15/2007
    Graham Statement on Reviving Immigration Floor Debate

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WASHINGTON- U.S. Senator Lindsey Graham (R-South Carolina) today made the following statement on the agreement to bring the immigration reform bill back to the floor. The Senate will resume debate on immigration possibly as soon as next week.

Graham said:

“After 9-11 immigration reform is not just a social and economic problem, but also a national security issue of the highest importance. I am pleased that the Senate leadership is going to bring the immigration reform bill back to the floor for further debate and amendment. This is a great opportunity for the Senate, in a bipartisan fashion, to reform a chaotic immigration system.

“The challenge is to bring to the table workable solutions instead of political rhetoric that embraces the unrealistic and caters to fear. I hope the Senate can rise to the occasion because if we fail it will be years before this issue is dealt with again, and the current chaos will continue to grow.

“Much is at stake for the Senate and the country as we resume debate on immigration reform. We have a chance to prove to the American people that we still have the ability to solve hard problems, or we can choose to reinforce growing skepticism about our government and fall further in the eyes of the American people.

“As elected leaders of the world’s greatest democracy I hope we will choose to make tough decisions and not pass this problem on to the next generation of political leaders. I understand the public skepticism about any effort to reform immigration. However, skepticism should never be used as an excuse for inaction.â€
    * <div>[b]<div>2000 people has visited http://www.dumpgloria.com/ in the last 3 months
    People who believes in God, America, The Bill Of Rights and Limited Government.
    </div>
    </div>

I know this sounds really dumb, but what did that say? And what did it add to the debate?

Quote Originally Posted by Nouveauxpoor
    I know this sounds really dumb, but what did that say? And what did it add to the debate?
    That was a rubbish dance!
    "Remember the Alamo!"

He's an idiot wannabe big boy. He doesn't have the ability to think. He honestly believes that licking the boots of a failed President is good for him. He really lacks any moral compass at all.

I hope to God that SC takes him out of office permanently, he is a digace to this country!
    Check your credit report regularly, an illegal may be using your Social Security number.

[b]“As elected leaders of the world’s greatest democracy I hope we will choose to make tough decisions and not pass this problem on to the next generation of political leaders. I understand the public skepticism about any effort to reform immigration. However, skepticism should never be used as an excuse for inaction.â€
    “In questions of power…let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution.” –Thomas Jefferson

Banned
    I am pleased that the Senate leadership is going to bring the immigration reform bill back to the floor for further debate and amendment. This is a great opportunity for the Senate, in a bipartisan fashion, to reform a chaotic immigration system.
    This is a "great opportunity" for those in the Senate who care nothing for national security to slip one past the American people!!

It ain't gonna work.

There are GAPING loopholes in the security provisions in this bill, and they are BY DESIGN. The reality is that the Masters of the Universe do not intend to do all that is necessary to secure our borders and stop illegal immigration. The CBO report confirms that this bill will reduce illegal immigration by only 25%.

If they REALLY were concerned about security, they would:

- place security BEFORE amnesty, and have measurable outcomes to demonstrate the borders are secure and interior enforcement measures are in place and working before anything else is considered

- REQUIRE complete background/security checks, no matter how long they take for illegals to get Z visas

- they would bar all types of criminals from being legalized

- they would have mandated that an entry/EXIT system be in place before any legalization or guest worker programs to ensure that anyone coming in leaves when they are supposed to.

The Masters of the Universe have also had the opportunity through the amendment process to include amendments that address these issues but they have not, with the exception of the much weaker Kennedy amendment that was passed in lieu of the tougher Sessions amendment regarding criminal gangs.

The MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE are truly the laughing stock if they think Americans will fall for this rhetoric!

This press release is dated 6/15/07 and this guy mentions -after 9/11 that immigration reform is a security issue of highest importance! How timely,nice to see that he's on top of things, maybe next week someone will buy him a Y2K countdown clock.

It sure hasn't bothered his dear friend Fat Cat Teddy from dropping it on the next generation!!!!!!!!!!