Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I am puzzled--

I am puzzled- here we have a Senator trying to do the right thing for American workers and here --on THIS site--he is being called stupid and attacked.???? I think I logged in to he wrong site. I will logout and back in and hope I get to a site where any and all effoirts to protect American workers are appreciated,.

I adore the Sentator for sticking his neck out for American workers like he has.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I agree with misterbill and BetsyRoss. Sen. Grassley should be thanked for what he has done and is trying to do to protect American workers, unlike many other senators.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

BetsyRoss wrote

This represents so much progress for the American worker activists. Back in '00 when the first big wave of H-1Bs started coming in, right on the heels of the dot-com bust, it was surreal. Hundreds of thousands of Americans laid off, scrambling for work, any work. They raised the H-1B yearly cap to nearly 200K and left it there for three years. Nobody outside the affected workers seemed to be aware that anything odd was happening. Our screams went unheard for years. But some kept fighting, kept talking, and wouldn't give up. Slowly, representatives, the press, and society started becoming aware of the problem. Now awareness and outrage are widespread. I'm grateful for the leaders who didn't give up - a lesson for leaders of other causes.
    We too must never give up as you write BetsyRoss. Our voices need to be growing, louder, and persistent. Someone told me today that something we were discussing would never happen. I said, "Never, say never, and keep opening up the doors." We must have faith in our efforts.

I too appreciate the efforts of Senator Grassley and others who are awake or who may be finally awakening to the problems with all of the visa/guestworker programs and illegal immigration. Hopefully, the numbers will grow and there will be consistency in their speech, as well as a mindset that favors the American worker and the American people in general.

Psalm 91
    Matthew 19:26
    But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

Lest we forget the American people are constantly told that Bill Gates is a super business genius. But a closer look shows that he made most of his money by manipulation. He took advantage of the system that was set up to favor billionaires like him at the expense of the common people. H1B's are just the tip of the iceberg.

This guy is absolutely Manipulator Extrodinaire! He blatantly blackmailed Congress, gently telling them if he didn't get the visas he wanted, he would move the company to Canada.
    When I purchased Word 2007, I had all kinds of weird things happening, and since I had my five free calls to the help line, they had no idea what I was talking about and I had no idea what they were talking about since all those call centers were in India.
    Greed is what drives Gates and I am sure he has some algorithm that will help him and Microsoft take over the entire world. Personally, I don't like to be held hostage, but cannot afford to go buy Apple products.

I don't mean to argue with anyone, but Senator Grassley has a lot of good and some bad points.

Last year I was within five feet of Senator Grassley in Avoca, Iowa at a town hall meeting and asked him about prosecuting CEOs who hire illegal aliens. Grassley said it is "Too hard" to prosecute CEOs. I reminded him that a meth lab was found during the Postville, Iowa raid....Grassley changed the subject. I brought it up again and he got mad at me.

Grassley also voted for the bail out, so the point is that I think there could be some big business influence in his decision making.

It is easy to ask Microsoft to axe foreign workers first, but they will do as they darn well please unless there are laws put into place. Is Grassley ready to sponsor such legislation?
    I didn't leave the Republican Party. The party left me. Inspired by Ronald Reagan

I don't like to be held hostage, but cannot afford to go buy Apple products.
    My next computer WILL be an Apple. Windows Vista is a piece of crap....It is full of Bill Gates self-serving software that is sanctioned by our bribed politicians.
    I didn't leave the Republican Party. The party left me. Inspired by Ronald Reagan

I too can't stand Windows.
    -----

Re: Sen. Grassley, here's his actions and votes regarding interior enforcement for which he receives the grade of A+ from Numbers (I've edited this for brevity):

2008: Voted against sanctuary policies for illegal aliens Sen. Grassley voted against tabling the Vitter Amendment to S. Con. Res. 70, a concurrent resolution setting forth the congressional budget for the United States Government for fiscal year 2009.

2007: Voted to increase interior enforcement by funding state and local law enforcement assistance in enforcing Federal immigration laws Sen. Grassley voted against tabling the Dole Amendment to H.R. 3093 (whose main sponsor was Rep. Alan Mollohan (WV)), the Commerce, Justice, Science, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2008.

2007: Voted against sanctuary policies for illegal aliens Sen. Grassley voted against tabling the Vitter Amendment to H.R. 3093, the Commerce, Justice, and Science (CJS) spending bill (whose main sponsor was Rep. Alan Mollohan (WV)).

2007: Voted on Senate floor in favor of amendment to increase interior enforcement

2007: Voted on Senate floor to deter employers from hiring illegal aliens Sen. Grassley voted in favor of the Sessions Amendment to H.R. 2, the Fair Minimum Wage Act of 2007

2005: Voted in favor of amendment to add detention beds to increase interior enforcement

2006: Voted in favor of amendment to fund immigration investigators

2006: Voted in favor of amendment to increase interior enforcement

2005: Voted in favor of Byrd Amendment to increase interior enforcement

1995-1996: Voted in committee to increase interior enforcement

2003: Cosponsored S. 1685 to increase interior enforcement through workplace verification

2002: Voted in favor of H.R. 3525, a comprehensive alien tracking and identification system

2001: Cosponsored S. 1749 to increase illegal immigration with an alien tracking and identification system

1996: Voted in committee against Hatch Amendment to S. 1664 to reduce fines against employers who hire illegal aliens

1996: Voted against the Abraham Amendment to S. 1644, a vote in favor of increased interior enforcement

1996: Voted in favor of S. 1644 to reduce illegal immigration with interior enforcement

Too bad everyone wouldn't Boycott Microsoft due to his H1b Visa special interests.
    If Palestine puts down their guns, there will be peace.
    If Israel puts down their guns there will be no more Israel.
    Dick Morris

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast