Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Shamnesty Sen. Mel Martinez to retire

Finally, a bit of good news to report: GOP Sen. Mel “Shamnestyâ€

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)
    thats a shame... we were planning on putting up a bill board along I - 75 reminding all of the Amnesty he was pushing on the last go round...

Go drag your corrupt backside back to Cuba Mel
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

US Sen. Mel Martinez won't seek re-election

By BRENDAN FARRINGTON and MARK WANGRIN, Associated Press Writers Brendan Farrington And Mark Wangrin, Associated Press Writers – 41 mins ago

ORLANDO, Fla. – U.S. Sen. Mel Martinez of Florida, who has struggled to boost his approval ratings because of close ties to President George W. Bush, announced Tuesday he will not seek a second term in 2010.

His seat was widely seen as vulnerable in two years, but Martinez, a Republican, rejected suggestions he faced difficult re-election prospects in a state won last month by Democrat Barack Obama.

"I've faced much tougher obstacles in my life," Martinez said. "My decision is not based on re-election prospects, but on what on what I want to do with the next eight years of my life."

Martinez, 62, was elected in 2004 after serving as the U.S. secretary for Housing and Urban Development during the Bush administration. He served as general chairman of the Republican National Committee for 10 months, resigning in October 2007.

Martinez was born in Cuba. At the age of 15, he fled to America as part of a Catholic humanitarian effort called Operation Pedro Pan. Catholic charitable groups provided Martinez, who was alone and spoke virtually no English, a temporary home at two youth facilities. He then lived with two foster families, with whom he remains close. He was reunited with his family in Orlando in 1966.

In appointing Martinez in 2001, Bush said he was "the embodiment of the American Dream."
    http://tinyurl.com/54posh

Quote Originally Posted by AirborneSapper7
    thats a shame... we were planning on putting up a bill board along I - 75 reminding all of the Amnesty he was pushing on the last go round...

Go drag your corrupt backside back to Cuba Mel
    whats stopping ya. you know amnesty is going to come up again before 2010