Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Sheriff Arpaio Wins Re-election

Sheriff Arpaio Wins Re-election

Last Edited: Tuesday, 04 Nov 2008, 10:49 PM MST
    Created: Tuesday, 04 Nov 2008, 10:49 PM MST

PHOENIX (AP) -- Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio -- who embraces the "Toughest Sheriff in America" title -- rolled to victory in his fifth general election on Tuesday.

Arpaio was facing what was considered his strongest re-election challenge in years from Democrat Dan Saban, a former sheriff's deputy, Mesa police officer and Buckeye police chief.

But Arpaio beat Saban 56 percent to 41 percent with 80 percent of the precincts reporting.

Saban failed in an earlier effort to wrest the office in the state's most populous county from Arpaio, who's known for his tent city jail, where he outfits prisoners in pink underwear, feeds them green bologna and has them work on chain gangs.

In the past year, Arpaio has gotten headlines for crime sweeps that target illegal immigration, which resulted in scores of arrests after traffic stops and other minor infractions. Arpaio's office turned any arrested illegal immigrants over to federal authorities for deportation.

The tactics brought outrage from some quarters but support from residents upset about the government's failure to deal with illegal immigration.

Arpaio has been in office for 16 years and never faced a major re-election challenge.

www.myfoxphoenix.com
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Great news!!!
    Work Harder Millions on Welfare Depend on You!

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

So, when does this story make it onto CNN?
    "Men of low degree are vanity, Men of high degree are a lie. " David
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Was there ever a doubt?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

At least some voters got it right!

Great News and Prop 202 (#?) was defeated. Whoo Hoo

Sheriff Joe won!!!!!

Congrats Sheriff Joe. I will play I Did It My Way by Frank Sinatra on my iPod to honor him later on tonight.
    ProEnglish:The English Language Advocates
    http://www.proenglish.org/

Quote Originally Posted by browneyes106
    Congrats Sheriff Joe. I will play I Did It My Way by Frank Sinatra on my iPod to honor him later on tonight.
    LOVE IT